whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did 2 maple removals today that were scheduled for Wednesday but the HO said he'd pay an additional $500 to have it done today. So when we got back to the yard last night the bossman says"hey you idiots want some OT tomorrow". Without looking back i said "idiots huh?? Well "I have a potty mouth" and see ya at 7am. He just laughed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's where the big $ are if you are equipped and experienced and ready. Of the first 20 calls 10 are good jobs and 6 are great jobs (big money with someone that has big money). I go out hunting those jobs like a caveman and get em signed up and mitigate any real immediate threats to high level targets (that makes a contract in itself) on most of em, set equipment etc etc. Fun, exciting and challenging to me.

I have seen in real life that it is.

And not always just abandon it, sometimes they rip em to shreads.

But keep in mind that " sometimes" and " likely" are key words in my statements.

I don't know about squirrels, but I know its a myth that you can't touch birds or the mother will abandon them. Had a nest of Robbins in my backhoe one time. I needed it for a job, so put them and the nest in a cat hut thingy and tied it to the tree out front. Mom came back and resumed raising them till they flew off. Good tree karma with stuff like that IMO.

I don't know about squirrels, but I know its a myth that you can't touch birds or the mother will abandon them. Had a nest of Robbins in my backhoe one time. I needed it for a job, so put them and the nest in a cat hut thingy and tied it to the tree out front. Mom came back and resumed raising them till they flew off. Good tree karma with stuff like that IMO.
They put vice vapor rub in the notes of beats when they drop new Cubs in from a hurt mother. It's true, to a point.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

They put vics vapor rub on Mama bears noses when the mess with the Cubs at the zoo. It's true to a certain level

In the aftermath of one of my local competitors finally basically washing up, I seem to find myself doing even more local bids this year. The problem is one of the remaining three. This cheap old bastard and his dinosaur equipment have been threatening to retire for the last 20 years or so. It never happens. ************ just low balls everything and seems to work on volume. Won't put a dime into equipment, just keeps it going. I remember the other washed up one complaining about the same thing way back in the day. I'm starting to really see it myself now. Frustrating and annoying, as the other local guy seems to be right about where I'm at. All it takes is one ******* to drag everything down. Last I heard, you're not supposed to get every single job you look at. Retire or die already... old ****. Sorry, just venting. Grr...

The swivel is nice but as for the allen screw....If you don't trust stuff like that in our biz, you'd lie awake staring at the ceiling all night.
I will have a Allen wrench taped inside my helmet .... And that's for damn sure call me a ***** but I'm not having some Chinese kid deciding when and where I fall outta the sky ! And tats tat

5abu9eqa.jpg

Six of these buggers today. Mother refused to come down from a 100dt pine so she took a ride when we blew the top off. She made it through the fall and bolted.

Latest posts

Back