whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a few days I hope to work in around the rain this week anyway. Pretty sure I got low balled (not my first choice of term) out of three bigger jobs I looked at. That's okay, gonna start my day with flopping a couple 90' ash trees across a lawn, should cheer me up some.

Yeah, first one has a pretty heavy lean where I want it too. Got a razor sharp 395 with 24" bar. Should have some work for the boys fairly quickly. "You guys have a nice ride"??:)

395 with a 24. You in a hurry to buck firewood lol?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

395 with a 24. You in a hurry to buck firewood lol?

That's the plan. Actually I have two 395's now. I usually like a 28" for general bigger cutting on those saws. I put the bar (24") off my basically retired 385 on one of em. I like it. I have a couple 36" bars, a razor sharp 42" running skip chain when needed.

No crane this weekend. Was short on dunnage, an employee list his dad, and the weather was **** to boot..

Are you the climber or op? Wouldn't even consider climbing with a first day op...bucket/crane maybe (if they had practice off site), but not climbing craner.

Funny though, the crane is one of those things you don't realize how useful it is until it doesn't cost you 1300 a day to rent. We can use this thing on so many jobs that would never necessitate a crane especially being so cost prohibited to rent. I can almost see the bucket quickly becoming the odd man out in short fashion.

bucket AND crane is the fastest. Esp. my 75' bucket and crane on big ones. And you can always get picked out of the bucket with the hook to tip choke then rapel down into it to get the perfect position to cut and easily set other chokes esp. mid spread chokes. But, yeah, if just room for one or the other, usually it will be the crane.

Toy store...http://cranenetwork.com/

Today: a big ol`maple full of ants, just down and bucked up.

Job went really well, my climber was in top form. Good paycheck, good coffee, good customer. And he had his yard guy on hand to drag the branches out of the way and help us when we needed. The guy was about 65 and pretty frickin`solid. Hope I`m in that good shape at his age.

No Tim Horton`s = no work! :buttkick:"Get me coffee!"
004_zpsc48f4113.jpg

005_zps312a8e9b.jpg
010_zpse72bbdfb.jpg

011_zpsb1568546.jpg
012_zps8cd81b3e.jpg

bucket AND crane is the fastest. Esp. my 75' bucket and crane on big ones. And you can always get picked out of the bucket with the hook to tip choke then rapel down into it to get the perfect position to cut and easily set other chokes esp. mid spread chokes. But, yeah, if just room for one or the other, usually it will be the crane.

Toy store...http://cranenetwork.com/

I think my next major purchase will be a rear mount el. Not for another year or two though. The bucket I have now is only 56wh and I find it lacking more often now that we are getting busier. I wouldn't sell it, but a little more height from time to time would be nice. It's great for getting into tight spots though

Absolutely keep it. But I was sitting with a bunch of money one winter years ago thinking what to drop it on and bought the 75 footer and it damn near paid for itself that year with stuff only it would reach. Great investment. As for the crane, you now are in a select category owning your own crane and all the uses you have for it you may not have subbed for. Also when everyone is trying to buy the crane co owner a $150 steak dinner to get a crane tomorrow for storm damage...you don't have to kiss nobody's ascs.

I think my next major purchase will be a rear mount el. Not for another year or two though. The bucket I have now is only 56wh and I find it lacking more often now that we are getting busier. I wouldn't sell it, but a little more height from time to time would be nice. It's great for getting into tight spots though

Rear mount el. Hummmmm. :)

Latest posts

Back