whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
390's are so much nicer to run than 660's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big wood, new full chisel (non safety chain) with just a hair touched off the rakers....660 best saw for bucking and dropping imo. My 880 and 090 for giant wood and stumps. 390 prob great for med. sized stuff.

Time to grease up the bucket and spray the cables and chain. I use Jax penetrating chain and cable lube (seems like some good stuff). I was told the right way to do it is to degrease them and let them dry for a day or two. Pita, as I think I saw a chance for showers soon. My question is, does anybody actually do this (the degreasing and drying thing), or am I just being too anal and over thinking this?

Time to grease up the bucket and spray the cables and chain. I use Jax penetrating chain and cable lube (seems like some good stuff). I was told the right way to do it is to degrease them and let them dry for a day or two. Pita, as I think I saw a chance for showers soon. My question is, does anybody actually do this (the degreasing and drying thing), or am I just being too anal and over thinking this?
jax is good stuff its got tack and its a penetrant. fluid film is good for chains and cables also

How often do you do that?

you got full blown eab?
yup eab is everywhere we have had it for like 10 years i think, my small neighborhood was the last place i knew of that didnt have it now we got it as of last fall. from end of january/ early feb to early april we did nothing but eab removals. up until a couple weeks ago our tub grinder didnt run since december we had atleast 200 cord worth of logs stacked up

Back