whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nybynyza.jpg
garesa7e.jpg
3a2atyhe.jpg
ze3equty.jpg
a7e4aty2.jpg

First day out with the crane. **** eating grin the entire time, with occasional high amounts anxiety.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It was great, the person that let us access their yard decided to have 10yds of loam dropped right where we were planning on setting up, and didn't bother to tell us. We had dunnage 4 blocks high on the left side at one point because the yard was so uneven. Instead of one set, we had 3.

It was great, the person that let us access their yard decided to have 10yds of loam dropped right where we were planning on setting up, and didn't bother to tell us. We had dunnage 4 blocks high on the left side at one point because the yard was so uneven. Instead of one set, we had 3.

Glad to see the balsa wood held up for you!

I have both of those saws. You will be happy with them. I love the 390. Lighter than 395 and lots of power.
Never made any sense to me to make three saws with a difference of 5cc's a piece. I've had 395 saws and the weight reduction dropping 5cc's is not at all noticeable and you get a slight reduction in power.

How's the dropzone? Looks like you got further back than we did. Damn driveway crusher!

Zone is good, right where your rig was set. I put that hooker all the way back in the garden to make my picks. Wicked awesome log truck rig punched a hole in the driveway, no pads, dumb ass. Cold patch tomorrow, oh well.

Kiddo's fever is down under 100, so that's looking good for tomorrow. Can't wait to see the rig.

Kiddo's fever is down under 100, so that's looking good for tomorrow. Can't wait to see the rig.
Great news!

Well, don't be expecting too much lol, I think she could ride in the back of one of those giant chip trucks you roll ;-)

I sure had fun with her today though!

is the load cell operational? good aide for pretensioning and knowing what you got for pick weights.

I has an LMI, but I need to read up on it. I couldn't get it to read. When I demod the crane the guy had it working properly, boom angle, radius, weight etc. We just took small picks and worked way in to our operating radius. Have another job with it today, Tuesday, and another Wednesday. Hoping to figure it out by then lol. Tell you what though, those radios I bought make all the difference in the world when you add in a crane.

nybynyza.jpg
garesa7e.jpg

First day out with the crane. **** eating grin the entire time, with occasional high amounts anxiety.

Word to the wise....you haven't improved your outrigger footprint sideways either with the 2 boards in one pict or with the rig sitting on just 2 of the 4 boards sideways sitting on the sidewalk. I have crushed a few and learned the hardway sometimes a 3/4 plywood under the boards helps. You are looking to get a footprint 3X the size of the outrigger (both ways). It is mainly on the edge of stuff that will crack.

Word to the wise....you haven't improved your outrigger footprint sideways either with the 2 boards in one pict or with the rig sitting on just 2 of the 4 boards sideways sitting on the sidewalk. I have crushed a few and learned the hardway sometimes a 3/4 plywood under the boards helps. You are looking to get a footprint 3X the size of the outrigger (both ways). It is mainly on the edge of stuff that will crack.

Thanks Vet! Learning, slowly but surely.

Now all I have to do is take the truck out to a huge parking lot and learn how to downshift. I couldn't get it for the life of me yesterday....

Latest posts

Back