whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geqa7e5y.jpg
ymy2yqyr.jpg

That was a decent site piece to bite off....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
those short chunky pieces work better with two chokers opposed. less shock load on the crane than with a single when it kicks over.

We will use that method next time. Makes sense.

A little trickier to lay down when choked like that but you can use the curb or a chunk of wood to get them started. A good op won't have a problem.

A little trickier to lay down when choked like that but you can use the curb or a chunk of wood to get them started. A good op won't have a problem.
That pick was smooth, I have a video of it but I can only load pics through tap talk.

Sounds absolutely horrible. Was this part of the $10,500, or extra?
stumping was additional the job was for a big time landscaper for a new private school he has so much money in that job he said i want ypu to grind as deep and as wide as you can go ahead and just bill me! alright no problem buddy!

That pick was smooth, I have a video of it but I can only load pics through tap talk.

its kind of a two-edged sword. with a smaller crane your limited to the length of large diameter pieces you can pick an stay in the load chart. but the larger picks are easier to rig and stabilize. you have to finesse them all.

Mmm... I dunno, kinda looks a little twig like for all that jazz, to be honest. Also, what's with the brush all up and in the work zone? Seems kinda dangerous and sloppy to me.

We put a climber in that tree and it was nonsense. Norway pine, the branches were like barbed swords and it was dense as a mothertrucker. We all are bleeding. We took the top off, backed in a bucket and skinned it up. That cut at the bottom was the only cut made on the ground. We were pretty damn safe all day.

We put a climber in that tree and it was nonsense. Norway pine, the branches were like barbed swords and it was dense as a mothertrucker. We all are bleeding. We took the top off, backed in a bucket and skinned it up. That cut at the bottom was the only cut made on the ground. We were pretty damn safe all day.

They suck, but if you have a good hand saw and ability, you won't need a chainsaw for a good bit of it.
Jeff

Omg,, not the dreaded barbed swords spruce!!! Lol:laugh:

Latest posts

Back