whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same reason rich guys wear 5K watches on their arm but look at their phone to tell the time. Flaunting it.

Its not bragging, more of a confirmation, which is understandable in this business.

Jeff's mind has been polluted by what the people is white shirts tell him, which is understandable in this business too.

If everyone "confirmed" what they were getting on here, this would be a an intolerable thread.

Hey, sometimes I am so ecstatic about getting a getting a job at a decent price I have to proclaim it to you guys just to make sure I am not dreaming.

And then the fact that I got it done and still made money, well, its a pretty big deal.

I don't think anyone on here is bragging to anyone about how much they make, its not like that.

If everyone "confirmed" what they were getting on here, this would be a an intolerable thread.

I can tell you this...some folks on here don't charge enough to even make me want to get out of bed. I know this from fact. Others appear to make up a bunch of BS. Then there are a few that seem to be knocking it down and telling the truth about it.

I can tell you this...some folks on here don't charge enough to even make me want to get out of bed. I know this from fact. Others appear to make up a bunch of BS. Then there are a few that seem to be knocking it down and telling the truth about it.

I think it's all relative. Someone that has a fraction of the overhead as you obviously won't charge as much. And competition prices have a directing force as well.

Industry standards are 60 bucks a man hour, higher if permits and traffic control are factors.

Do the math.

jomoco
Ok u do this math when I go work on my own I go out with a pickup with a chip box an almost 30 year old chipper and a pile of ropes and saws I average more then 60/hr every day more then 70 and generally more then 80

I got a call at 7:30 this morning with a down lead. He said i have worked for him but i dont think so. Tried calling one of my guys, no answer.

Get there and never have met the guy but he is talking to me like he knows me and points out where the tree was i cut down for him last year that i have never seen. I signed him up and told him we will be there in the morning.

I do between 12/1600 with myself and another guy , sometimes 15/18 but that's only on residential work commercial is never more then 1500 but never under 12 .... Ever but hey not only am living the dream I have people in my house in full time school/college and I am able to still carry it all .

I know wholeheartedly that's there is a fair amount of shittalking/flat out lying about what some guys charge . The market isn't that great and it's saturated but hey I deal with BSers online ad in real life ! Don't much phase me anymore

I do between 12/1600 with myself and another guy , sometimes 15/18 but that's only on residential work commercial is never more then 1500 but never under 12 .... Ever but hey not only am living the dream I have people in my house in full time school/college and I am able to still carry it all .
I know what your saying. My wife is working on her masters and lets me know when the bill is due.

Jesus, I was just talking shop you bunch of ****ing old ladies. Anyway, tree is down, just gotta go pick up the wood tomorrow. Didn't feel like working till 6:30 on a "Sunday". Lol. IMG_20141005_131801_400.jpgIMG_20141005_143406_549.jpg

Latest posts

Back