whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to replace my batteries in my chip truck yesterday. Figured while I had the steps off that side I would swap out the air tanks as mine needed to be replaced. Of course the one strap strip out as I am putting it back on. Not a stock part

Put new shocks on a extra pickup I bought for plowing today. The rear mounts are rusted down to about 1/2 the thickness they are supposed to be.....I'm just hoping they hold up for a little while until I can find somebody to weld new ones on.

Put new shocks on a extra pickup I bought for plowing today. The rear mounts are rusted down to about 1/2 the thickness they are supposed to be.....I'm just hoping they hold up for a little while until I can find somebody to weld new ones on.

I've gone through all that with my one ton. Can be a pita. Can you buy new mounts, or are you gonna have to hit the bone yards?

I found a couple people on ebay that custom make mounts so I can grind them off and weld new ones. Yep they're welded. I didn't even look too close to see exactly what I need to do yet, quick glance with rust falling in my eyeballs says it's gonna be a major PITA.

Removed a nasty, rotten willow. Climber. Had a big lead over the neighbors 3ft statue of the Virgin Mary. It had been busted and glued back together and to me, that meant that it was highly valuable to them. We, very carefully, moved it out of harms way. I expected this job to be a pain and I priced it as such. No joke, after we moved her, the sun came out and we rocked it out in 3 hours. Not a religious guy, but............

Back