whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did three spruce just Murphed um whole time homeowner is freaking out that we are going to smash everything, trees, house, lawn, maybe even the whole world. I had a small window to fit them in didn't touch the trees along my opening not a twig. Laid um down so slow didn't even spear a branch into the lawn pays to leave fat holding wood you coulda rode um down if you have the balls.
It's been months since I got to flop something I forgot what I was missing, I need more!

used my nice new rope Yale Arrow Frog 11.7mm very taught low bounce stiff dynamics no prusik slip perfect for my old man style would not recommend for long limb walkers or bigger climbs as to stiff no stretch to save your back if to slip fall more then a few feet

http://www.arborindustrial.com.au/~arborind/productsDetail.php?Yale-Arrow-Frog-11.7mm-730

funny i had my old climb rope way to long but still 100% confident with it but today on spanky new rope i hesitated took an extra step not fully trusting it

Had a good day yesterday destroying some weed trees with the bucket. I was lucky enough to have some good help too. Of course at the end of the day we noticed the fuel tank in the international is leaking. Welcome to the lucrative world of tree service owning. Grr.

Had a good day yesterday destroying some weed trees with the bucket. I was lucky enough to have some good help too. Of course at the end of the day we noticed the fuel tank in the international is leaking. Welcome to the lucrative world of tree service owning. Grr.
they all develop holes under the metal data plate. easy repair.

Doesn't appear to be leaking parked on the level outside the shop here. Maybe it was something to do with the steep hill I had it backed up. It is pretty scaley underneath it though. The mechanic brought up a concern about rust from the inside potentially ****ing up the injectors, etc. He supposedly checked it out with a flashlight and said it looked okay. I'm inclined to run it for a while, get some money coming in and then just spring for an aluminum tank and be done with it. I've got too much invested in that truck to **** around over a tank.

Can u elaborate? Do you mean jb weld? I'm gonna need to do this soon.

I once had a bucket with a pin hole in the top of the tank. It only leaked when the tank was full.....so rarely. But one day, one of my guys said something about the leak. It was dry at the time and I took the piece of gum I was chewing out of my mouth and put it on the hole and said "Problem solved!" It held for over a year! But later the tank started leaking from the bottom so we replaced it.

I once had a bucket with a pin hole in the top of the tank. It only leaked when the tank was full.....so rarely. But one day, one of my guys said something about the leak. It was dry at the time and I took the piece of gum I was chewing out of my mouth and put it on the hole and said "Problem solved!" It held for over a year! But later the tank started leaking from the bottom so we replaced it.

I call that 'A dime holding up Dollar',,,,
Jeff ;)

Yesterday's job. Knocked out 3 pear trees in the backyard, oak tree in the front
b20901dd2384ed69189bef4b3e2ab111.jpg
dece7faccff0664ed25c7389b027ba8f.jpg
3b94c34cb83a9e2a1a463ae4a430d472.jpg
9431aafcf51d5d48b92885e06cb7524b.jpg
5c331408ef40a97d80b5cdf39853cf96.jpg
1108ef0aa0afcae07a89a272cf5ed3eb.jpg
42f890ca5dea2bce24cc2f98504f4ae1.jpg

Lol.. I'm getting so desperate I just hired some guy I've never even met for a "working interview" tomorrow. He just responded to my help wanted add in the paper earlier. He should compliment my other guy with the damaged frontal lobe nicely. Wtf,,,, the worst that could happen is we break a bunch of stuff and/or someone gets killed.:surprised3:

Latest posts

Back