whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And took a bit of gear

DiygSUr.jpg

I think that is the most ****ed up thing I ever saw on here since I joined in 06. What do you call that? Was that picture taken in the morning or the evening? What is the matter with you?

I think that is the most ****ed up thing I ever saw on here since I joined in 06. What do you call that? Was that picture taken in the morning or the evening? What is the matter with you?
There he is.
Can't kill the ****er.
Have you honed your equestrian skills, doc? Or just have a horse carcass to deal with now?

yeah its beer someone gave us for taking away some wood, man I had to really search to spot it!
We have to wear chainsaw protection so my guys get to choose between chaps and chainsaw trousers, most only wear the chaps in summer though.(im guessing thats whats made you guys get all excited)

Well, it's good to know that Dr. P survived his equestrian adventure... but he's not being very forthcoming with the details. He seems subdued. Peaceful, even. Relatively speaking.
I can't help but wonder... what happened out there in that summer meadow behind the horse barn? Out under the shade of the maple trees... frolicking in the grass... jumping hurdles and dancing naked under the moonlight... has he bonded with a new special friend? Will he take a selfie, wearing nothing but a ten gallon hat, cowboy boots and spurs while hugging a horse, and upload it as his new avatar? Will he go back to college and major in animal husbandry (at least until he gets caught) and look for a new career as a rodeo clown?

Enquiring minds want to know.

I don't know the proper term for it but every saddle I've ever seen has a horn like thing on the front to hold on to ....... he may have gotten a little to frisky after a couple of laps and actually jumped the damn horse over a wandering geriatric bent over looking for a prosthetic something or other resulting in a bit of a jostle upon the landing ( horses even untrained Excell at jumping the elderly ) add to the inexperience and improper form he very well may have done what Bob Barker has been urging the masses to do for years .... brutal and unsanitary should of just sold them on the black market ...... get well soon DR

I have been filling with asphalt millings and mowing at the farm and doing tree jobs so I haven't had time to practice. Much less pick a horse or even find the right person to help.

My jump is low, rounded and set up in a soft green mowed field. The problems come with tougher jumps. Like they have in the indoor arena where they are set up in a figure 8. If you get throwed you smash into another gate, you could easily land really bad and even break your neck. I watched a young girl speeding through the course and saw her horse take a wrong step at the front of one of those pole jumps.

I figure I would just a get a horse that likes to jump and makes friends with the **********. Maybe some carrots and some brushing? If he decides to throw me I can just tuck and tumble.

Bout a month ago I must have been drinking glycol because I totally fudged 75% of my bids. Sucks to be me but it did get me back on the right track on pricing.
My ground guy called from a job site to tell me his father was taking him to get his eye checked out because a piece of sawdust got stuck up there. Later on he texts me that he went to the ER. I'm like "why the **** didn't you go to the walk in clinic? There are two around the corner." Now I might have a w/c claim from a little sawdust. Doh!

Did your dummy tell the ER that the sawdust-in-eyeball happened at work?
My guy did, (of course) when he hurt a fingernail while splitting wood.

Was he wearing the safety glasses you supplied him with? And more importantly did he pass a piss test? In my state to file a WC claim you must be able to pass a drug test. Honestly though it shouldn't affect your WC rates.

Had to busy of a Sunday. Started off by running to the grocery store to do the weekly shopping. We've been helping out a friend's teenage daughter by paying her to do some yard work, of course I waited for a half hour after I finished shopping for her mom to drop her off. Had to do some family pics when I got home. Nieghbor came down and asked if I would flush a couple stumps to save him some money with the stump guy. Got back from that and got back to yard work. Loaded some chips for the girls parents, loaded my kids quad, and drove her home. Got home and was reminded that I promised a load of chips to someone else today so I loaded that and dumped it. Another nieghbor called and his bobcat quit on him. Messed with it for a bit and now that I reek of diesel fuel I get to relax and have a beer. It's 9:30 pm, I guess I should eat sometime as well. It's been a busy, humid, beautiful day

Was he wearing the safety glasses you supplied him with? And more importantly did he pass a piss test? In my state to file a WC claim you must be able to pass a drug test. Honestly though it shouldn't affect your WC rates.

Had to busy of a Sunday. Started off by running to the grocery store to do the weekly shopping. We've been helping out a friend's teenage daughter by paying her to do some yard work, of course I waited for a half hour after I finished shopping for her mom to drop her off. Had to do some family pics when I got home. Nieghbor came down and asked if I would flush a couple stumps to save him some money with the stump guy. Got back from that and got back to yard work. Loaded some chips for the girls parents, loaded my kids quad, and drove her home. Got home and was reminded that I promised a load of chips to someone else today so I loaded that and dumped it. Another nieghbor called and his bobcat quit on him. Messed with it for a bit and now that I reek of diesel fuel I get to relax and have a beer. It's 9:30 pm, I guess I should eat sometime as well. It's been a busy, humid, beautiful day

He had prescription glasses on with a helmet visor. I'm not too worried. He was just stupid to go to the er. Where I'm located everyone has a cannabis card, including him. It's impossible to find a worker for less than 20 an hr who would pass a piss test

Back