whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ground stumps all day long. Did the first job with my worker, because the grindings had to go. Dropped him off after that was done so he could do the leaves for a client. He was there from 10:15 - 3:30. Went to pick him up in the afternoon and get paid, client cried a little bit about money, just reinforcing why I hate that type of work.

I wish, My CDL driver helped load my truck and I took it home. Took close to an hour with a shovel and then the blower. My driver was glad because it would of went on his record.
Jeff :msp_smile:

I'd say he owes ya a big fat lunch! CARNE ASADA burrito,just cheese please, Taquitos and a six pack of Corona from one of those Alberto's taco shops!oh and 4 things of hot sauce!

Guacamole with chips as well!

Last edited:
Ground stumps all day long. Did the first job with my worker, because the grindings had to go. Dropped him off after that was done so he could do the leaves for a client. He was there from 10:15 - 3:30. Went to pick him up in the afternoon and get paid, client cried a little bit about money, just reinforcing why I hate that type of work.

Lmfao I hear ya, the I live on fixed income speech which I have heard so much by the time I get to retirement I should have it down to a science. Weird thing is we live on fixed income too, the customer and market and gubberment have fixed it where there is none:hmm3grin2orange:

My 78y old dad phoned me earlier this week that he absolutely wanted some trees removed around the house. These trees are located between him and the neighbours, and I knew dropping them would be quite tricky, especially they had some lean to them.

I don't normally do dangerous trees (no climbing gear) and I do know my limits, but my dad was insisting that I had to get the job done.

3 trees went pretty well, in spite of having to use the top handle on a ladder and taking the crown out using ropes.

The last one had a serious lean to it, but I was pretty convinced that 2 man could easily pull the crown over with a rope while I was making the back cut. When the tree crown decided to set back on my bar, I knew it was time to haul buggy bigtime, leaving the top handle in the cut. with the help of another neighbour, we finally succeeded to pull it over....talk about misjudging the weight balance of that crown.:jester:

If that hinge would have snapped (that wood was really snappy), It would have landed in the neighbour's porch.

No more dangerous trees for me. I have a lot more respect for tree climbers after today's job.

Last edited:
If that hinge would have snapped (that wood was really snappy), It would have landed in the neighbour's porch.

No more dangerous trees for me. I have a lot more respect for tree climbers after today's job.

Heck with the porch, the bull rope could of cut you in half, or at least land between you and the tree. You got lucky! I wish FTA could read this post.
Jeff :msp_rolleyes:

Had a buddy helping me this morning with his grinder. The RG50 I was running yesterday would not have made it down into this property, my buddy has an 18 HP gasser that got in and out alright. We finished that by 11, 1 client stopped to talk with me about doing some trucking for her. No problem, this time of year she keeps me plenty busy, and pays like clockwork. Picked up some lunch and was supposed to meet with another friend to look at a hazard tree together. Turns out he got underbid before he could even bid it. Cleaned up a couple of stumps from yesterday, and got paid by 1 client... only I have to sit on the check till Monday. Thanx. Tried to go to another client's house to get a start of year meeting out of the way, got lectured for not calling first, meanwhile I was right across the road "Hello, Mrs. ___ I'm standing out on the road, and I can see you are home, is it ok if I ring the doorbell?" I've done that before only to be lectured for actually calling first and not just coming down.

slayin pal texting cabin fever woes this mornin...so we saddled up and headed down to my brothers project property where he needed some tobas slayed. We took turns slayin and beat the winter blahs, got my brother happy and started a fire...had some beers and cleaned up. Good day!

Play Ball!

I took the little loader over yesterday. The day before was the first day my of my daughter's softball/ T -ball practice.

036.jpg

035.jpg

038.jpg

Last edited:
There were a lot of other volunteers, it only took us 2 hours. We started by ripping up the grass then added a few yards of clean soil. Well, clean might not be the word I am looking for cause all the mommies are sure gonna fret when it comes to doing the laundry.
Anyway, the head coach is the father of my kid's best friend. He did 3 different teams on Saturday and was pretty hoarse by Saturnight so kudos for ALL our volunteer coaches!:clap:

Climbed with a VT for the first time yesterday. WOW, what a difference from the blakes! I was in a pinnacle saddle that had those plastic rollers. Very nice and comfy! They way he had it set up, I could pull the slack with my feet, foot locking it out, very quick ascent, very little effort. Instead of using a beaner to clip in the micro, he used a little brass dog leash style clip. kept is closer to the hitch. It was not a pure VT, but a version of it. Going to retire the old weaver basic, getz me on dos fancy back pad dealio's (tv). That bridge was very nice, able to twist around with out any interference.

Climbed with a VT for the first time yesterday. WOW, what a difference from the blakes! I was in a pinnacle saddle that had those plastic rollers. Very nice and comfy! They way he had it set up, I could pull the slack with my feet, foot locking it out, very quick ascent, very little effort. Instead of using a beaner to clip in the micro, he used a little brass dog leash style clip. kept is closer to the hitch. It was not a pure VT, but a version of it. Going to retire the old weaver basic, getz me on dos fancy back pad dealio's (tv). That bridge was very nice, able to twist around with out any interference.

Maybe you mean the Versatile? That's what my saddle is. I have the roller setup for it, but never used it really.

Maybe you mean the Versatile? That's what my saddle is. I have the roller setup for it, but never used it really.

Maybe! He called it a pinnacle? I will look at it in a bit, its on the truck. Those rollers where nice! Smooooooth!

another day of collecting maple sap for the producer. 100 gal. before the weekend. 90 gals yesterday, probably 65 gals today. Need some sunshine and 40f days to make it run good.

Sounds like watching paint dry, to be perfectly honest..

What about those poor trees and the life you bleeding out of them??

You do realize this is an arborist forum.. correct?

10, 25'+ palm trees, booted 3-5 foot on 6 of them that have never been touched, and trimmed the 4 i had previously done last season.

most were around 25-30'
(1 was around 45') it was a decent rush :rock:

Food from trees is the highest form of arboriculture, IMO.

Yeah, and then you go to harvest the Hard Maple Timber (the second highest form of arboriculture:msp_biggrin:) and it isn't worth much because all the hearts are bad. I guess I'd keep the taps out of my trees and buy my neighbors syrup.

Latest posts

Back