whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maple syrup from your own trees is the best. This stuff gets shipped all over the world, all from a little old syrup maker I pulled wrenches with for a few years. This stuff goes to Texas, California, Japan, Italy, The Big Apple. This producer only makes 400 to 600 gals. per year and sells out every year. At $55 retail per gal. figure it out for a months labor each year.

YO! Did you SOB's see my baseball diamond or what dammit! For crying out loud do I have to clear cut the state of Pa in 3 days to get a pat on the back from you turkeys or something?

Last edited:
Lmfao I went back to see it good job but where's the bases?:dunno:

The bases are kept in the plastic container behind the backcatch.

And its about time somebody recoginized all the work I do around here.:laugh: dammit!

And just to toot my own horn a little louder: you should have seen the looks on the non-prolateriat's faces when I showed up with the little loader. I could hear their backs give a sigh of relief.
Some people say that if you do something that then you should get something concrete in return and they will argue that a feeling of happiness is not concrete. I don't like to hang out with those kind of people and I didn't even hand out any business cards.

YO! Did you SOB's see my baseball diamond or what dammit! For crying out loud do I have to clear cut the state of Pa in 3 days to get a pat on the back from you turkeys or something?

dan
u are the only one who I would let on my diamond, fabulous job, I mean, jeez, I'm speechless. Never have I seen the detail that you put into that project. you are a :rock:

Better!

It is fun being the hero when ya show up with something that everybody is glad to see!

The bases are kept in the plastic container behind the backcatch.

And its about time somebody recoginized all the work I do around here.:laugh: dammit!

And just to toot my own horn a little louder: you should have seen the looks on the non-prolateriat's faces when I showed up with the little loader. I could hear their backs give a sigh of relief.
Some people say that if you do something that then you should get something concrete in return and they will argue that a feeling of happiness is not concrete. I don't like to hang out with those kind of people and I didn't even hand out any business cards.

Yes it can be very one sided with some. I get satisfaction from action today I got my stumper back in shape and ground 17 stumps not big money. I even tried to give the man some back, because it was easier than what the phone bid visualized. We both were satisfied, then the wife went shopping lol:cheers: I found a place that rents those dingo's and I am going to try one soon!

Last edited:
Smoked checked a maple yesterday, when I was done cutting the stump, we flipped it over to load it. I exposed what looked to be an arrow, shot into the trunk, A LONG TIME AGO! Couldnt tell if it was real, as when I dug at it, it all flaked apart, probably a hunter trying his new toy, or a bad shot! Arrow head and about 8 inches of shaft, man that sounded bad!

Well yesterday we finished (at least temporarily) a clearing job that was started last year. 4 black birch and 1 black cherry came out along with a dead ash snag and a big branch off a red oak. Winched the lot up the side of the cliff with the Intimidator. No problems to speak of. Local firewood guy came by to get the logs, he was happy. I carried a stray block of firewood up some steps, missed one and fell face first. Got a good cut under my chin. Broke out the first aid kit from under the seat and got the bleeding stopped.

Today I helped a friend who was out of town by driving his truck to facilitate the moving of a local athletic club's goals. Got to his truck by 8:30, (we were supposed to meet at 9) they ran a bit late. Got the bulk of the goals moved by 1:30, but then all their volunteers took off and we still had the heaviest ones to deal with... so I took off as well because it takes 4+ people to move them and we were only 3 at that point. Went on a few estimates, see how they end up. Picked up a blueberry cake from a client, shared that with some friends. Hit the bank and some other BS, then the guy I worked for yesterday sends me a text "My wife made cupcakes for you, come and get em." So I went over there to pick them up... 2 plates were put in front of me, 12 cupcakes in total... I thought I'd get 1 plate, and the other would stay there... to my delight they were both for me. Perhaps not the best idea to admit this, but I killed 1 plate on the ride home, 4 disappeared within 500' of the client's house.

Just bid a job tonight on 35 removals. Most of them i can flop,silver maples and elms around 50'. About 10 will have to be roped to prevent damage to property and other trees. Over all pretty easy job but its still going to take at least three days. I put 7500 on it, i devided 7500 by 35=214 per tree which I thought was a fair price. Or 2500 a day. He had two bids 1500 and 2500 those are guys that do it on the side.

Just bid a job tonight on 35 removals. Most of them i can flop,silver maples and elms around 50'. About 10 will have to be roped to prevent damage to property and other trees. Over all pretty easy job but its still going to take at least three days. I put 7500 on it, i devided 7500 by 35=214 per tree which I thought was a fair price. Or 2500 a day. He had two bids 1500 and 2500 those are guys that do it on the side.

Are the other two bids a total price or per day price?

We went to a gourmet restaurant, and I ate way too much, they have this duck ragu that is fantabulous, and we started out with grilled seafood platter, that had jumbo shrimp, scallops, squid, octopus....

Yes it can be very one sided with some. I get satisfaction from action today I got my stumper back in shape and ground 17 stumps not big money. I even tried to give the man some back, because it was easier than what the phone bid visualized. We both were satisfied, then the wife went shopping lol:cheers: I found a place that rents those dingo's and I am going to try one soon!

Good to hear.

I watched Mary Poppins with my kid today. I love that song; A poon full of sugar makes The Dan go down. Allright, I better quit before i get banned but I will lay odds yall gonna be singing that come Monday morning.

Went to the bank, paid the rent on the pied a terre I have here in town, picked up 90 days worth of five prescriptions, got packed and right now contemplating what to do for the rest of the day before I head to the airport to catch my plane back north for another fun filled nine days in the bush......

Enjoying the new crane. 90 foot hackberry behind an old 1860 home in my town. Got out and rode the ball a few times. Kyle is getting real good as an op. on this unit.

Latest posts

Back