whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dayum,That old girl didn't look that heavy the first time I saw her[ wish I had a buck for every time I said that lol ]

At 31k I bet she does need lots of plywood.

Still a helluva cool truck.:rock:

Maybe it's a 4x4. Funny cuz my aspy forestry had a whole chip box on it too and was rated at 33K. Not denying that it's classed at 31K, but it does seem heavy considering it's not designed to carry a payload.

I think the most productive thing that I did today was realize that the tongue of my chipper was more 3/4 cracked from bottom to top on both sides , if the tongue had given way the chipper would have come completely loose of the truck since the chains are ahead of where it cracked , I mean seriously a loose chipper other than the break controller slowing it down it surely wouldn't be good .. the area where the crack was, was along side of a vertical weld that was almost 6 inches I mean scary ..

I think the most productive thing that I did today was realize that the tongue of my chipper was more 3/4 cracked from bottom to top on both sides , if the tongue had given way the chipper would have come completely loose of the truck since the chains are ahead of where it cracked , I mean seriously a loose chipper other than the break controller slowing it down it surely wouldn't be good .. the area where the crack was, was along side of a vertical weld that was almost 6 inches I mean scary ..

Way to go with the equip insp. You may have just saved a life......

I milled some more of this today:

[video=youtube;Agv2diyGp_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agv2diyGp_k[/video]

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice, That's quite a load of wood!

Couldn't help but watch this video that came up after yours because it said Va. These good ole boys must be the luckiest tree service in Southwest Va. to get away with this stuff. I think those could be the smallest notches in history!
[video=youtube;oK2CVcSfF2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oK2CVcSfF2Y[/video]

Wonder if they milled up that huge old Hemlock?

Couldn't help but watch this video that came up after yours because it said Va. These good ole boys must be the luckiest tree service in Southwest Va. to get away with this stuff. I think those could be the smallest notches in history!
[video=youtube;oK2CVcSfF2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oK2CVcSfF2Y[/video]

H&D tree service (Hack & Drop)...lol...love the big open face notches...LOLOL...no PPE

Lol. Nice! Thats exactly like watching a video of my dad felling a tree, right down to the panicky face and almost running away before finishing the back cut. 6:29 to whenever it falls is my favorite. Love that/those bore cuts.

They got it done though. :clap:

Last edited:
Way to go with the equip insp. You may have just saved a life......

The truth is I wasn't inspecting anything I was unhooking it to go grab a cup of coffee from WAWA and when i bent over my glasses fell on the ground spied it then , It only took me about 45 minutes to fix when I got in tonight .... I guess that I need to check the Cat trailer and the enclosed trailer , I think its from the bucket truck , theres no give in that truck and a intersection sends that bouncing all over , I have sheared those bolts for the eye before aswell but they get trapped in there but there broke .. I think I may put another set of chains further back on the frame and mate them together with the others that way it will at least stay attached God forbid it ever breaks loose ...

Maybe you should add to your 'To do' list to do daily inspections. :msp_w00t:
Jeff :smile2:

So you check every weld on your machines daily .... Listen I admitted already that it was by chance I check tires, lights , connections and things being tied down , I guess that I should take some time on the rain days and and scoot around on the creeper once in a while ...

So you check every weld on your machines daily .... Listen I admitted already that it was by chance I check tires, lights , connections and things being tied down , I guess that I should take some time on the rain days and and scoot around on the creeper once in a while ...

Did you check the loose air filter housing nut?
Anyway, Yeah, full on inspection before leaving and logged. Tail gate safety meetings every week. We are TCIA Accredited. And yeah, look your stuff over, you know where you've been. You also know where the likely breaks will be. I hear you on the time issue. But, If you implement this now, you will catch up fast with equiptment maintenance. Take 10 minutes to walk around.
Oh oh, Dinner!
Jeff :msp_smile:

Did you check the loose air filter housing nut?
Anyway, Yeah, full on inspection before leaving and logged. Tail gate safety meetings every week. We are TCIA Accredited. And yeah, look your stuff over, you know where you've been. You also know where the likely breaks will be. I hear you on the time issue. But, If you implement this now, you will catch up fast with equiptment maintenance. Take 10 minutes to walk around.
Oh oh, Dinner!
Jeff :msp_smile:

Are you drinking this evening ??? You could eat off my equipment its that clean .... I have a shop where machines and trucks pass through regularly and my equipment is not by far junk ,but a hair line crack in a weld is something that all the inspections in the world may not find ... But I get it your #### quit stinking a bit ago Thank God That your accredited lol ... That menas you have X ray eyes .... i don't wanna argue but I think tonight you may be a bit much to say the least

Are you drinking this evening ??? You could eat off my equipment its that clean .... I have a shop where machines and trucks pass through regularly and my equipment is not by far junk ,but a hair line crack in a weld is something that all the inspections in the world may not find ... But I get it your #### quit stinking a bit ago Thank God That your accredited lol ... That menas you have X ray eyes .... i don't wanna argue but I think tonight you may be a bit much to say the least

I was already to reply, now I don't know what to say. Was not trying to piss you off, just saying. No, not drinking, you are! LOL!
Okay, 3 beers and I am crazy!!!
Just saying that no vehicle or towable equiptment leaves the yard unless I say so.
Like it was said, glad you spotted it.
Jeff

Wow, where do we start on that one? Guess they don't climb since they have that massive bucket truck....like the scabbard for their pole saw

Several fast jobs today....probably we made much better dollar than how we normally fair on an all-dayer.

Took out a 80ft skinny fir first thing; then moved onto a small dead maple; then half a lombardy poplar which had died. After lunch we took down another balsam fir, about 60ft this one, dead and set on an embankment leading down to the driveway. The vertical-speedline was the ticket....no risk of tree-collapse on my (climber) part, faster than conventional rigging (bigger logs), with everything left hanging on the embankment in front of the truck. It a great technique, and such an easy one to overlook.

Last job was a small plum tree that needed winching up a hill. All in all a pretty good day.

Latest posts

Back