whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reg, please tell me you will shoot some vid if you get to do it.

"If you get to do it," you make it sound like he's banging a victorias secret model. I could be wrong but I think lombardy's only grow this big in the pnw do to our unique climate(today it didn't reach 70 degrees) These trees are phucking scary, they grow to 140'. You can be on a 4 inch stem and still have a 40' top to lower . The wood is so heavy due to the vast amount of water they consume and very brittle. I have seen them drop 5 inch limbs on dead calm days due to the amount of water the draw in the summer. Plus a tree of that size has at least 10 leads, they are a crazy amount of work. Glad i'm on my own now, ill never do another again. Good luck jim morrison(reg)

well you would know all about that !!!! Your like a profiler of creepy momma boys !!! I didn't realize you were here since your in creeper mode slithering around all the forums incognito

Huh dude?? I've just been busy taking care of business, and drinking the usual beers, etc.

Lol.. where'd ya dig up the pic of the long haired, man/boy/Reg?? I'm just saying, its kinda creepy!! :laugh:

Just finished up, pics of the smash, old tractor that we had to rescue. The top of the shed was barley kissin' the top of the steering wheel. I know it doesn't look like much, but it was this old guys dads and he was real worried about it, who knows how old it is. I was guessing 40's. This job was nothing new as far as the tree goes. But smashing that building was a kick.

Last edited:
Did a dead Scots pine that was broken about 3 ft up. It was hung up in a smaller one and had it bowed over pretty good, all over a swing set, trampoline & fence. All went well but didn't get any pics.

This should be in 101, or somewhere!
Jeff

Hard hat, Hard Hat!! what about the lanyard thats missing 50% in a few spots. the only time i don't wear a hard hat is when I'm at a safe distance operating the crane. is it the right or approved thing to do probably not. but when your constantly looking up and loosing it it takes my attention away from whats important. i have to put the muffs down to keep it on my head. the chinstrap is just painful they really need to re invent that.

Hard hat, Hard Hat!! what about the lanyard thats missing 50% in a few spots. the only time i don't wear a hard hat is when I'm at a safe distance operating the crane. is it the right or approved thing to do probably not. but when your constantly looking up and loosing it it takes my attention away from whats important. i have to put the muffs down to keep it on my head. the chinstrap is just painful they really need to re invent that.

This job is painful, buck up and wear yer chin strap. Personally I have seen three guys hit in the head, two went to the hospital and would have been killed without a hardhat. As far as the double lanyard thing goes it's just wasted time with no added security. It's no different then wearing two seatbelts inmo. Im versed in the ansi standards,but sometimes you got make yer own choices. Anyway almost lost a close tree brother out there last week who did everything right ya just never know.

Your welcome, i like watching yours to nice to see trucks with classic plates on them still in use.
so you mean too say his equip. Is eligible for QQ tags LOL I have no room to talk I have not one but two trucks that are more than 10 years old a 10 year chipper a 7 year old stumper , here's a shout out for old the old iron still making money LOL

looks like a wire core so the cover is not really weight bearing. We wear just normal old hard hats with the ratchet knob in the back I can look up, hang upside down, or even do a hand stand (we tested this) with out it falling off maybe for ground ops just get one of those... and wheres the big boom? we already seen the little one:wink2:

As far as the double lanyard thing goes it's just wasted time with no added security. It's no different then wearing two seatbelts inmo. Im versed in the ansi standards,but sometimes you got make yer own choices.
so your saying if somehow you cut your climb line having a lanyard is not going to save your life?

Latest posts

Back