whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did that job this morning. About half way done, and the neighbor wants me to do another tree. I said sure, I am there, the lift is paid for, for the day and what the heck.

attachment.php

attachment.php

DS, next time use a couple big tie downs, rope or chain and secure it above were your cutting, why take the chance of it barber chairing when you can keep it together for the fell...easy peasy, oh, that one is free...lol

I prefer the heavy strap binders and wrap a couple times then rachet it down like this :)

badone_005.jpg

Did that job this morning. About half way done, and the neighbor wants me to do another tree. I said sure, I am there, the lift is paid for, for the day and what the heck.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice job. How'd that lift work for ya? Could you not reach the whole thing with your bucket? I understand not wanting to shock load a compromised tree. I've been wanting to rent one of those Lifts but they want an arm and leg to rent them. Havent found the right tree for it yet though.

The lift works great. They brought it down on saturday for me, so it cost me about another $100 for a emergency delivery. It was right around $900 total. My bucket is only 55' tall, and that tree was 80' tall. I priced it figuring on getting the lift.

Worked for the nuns over at the local retreat/conference center. Gotta finish up some cleanup today. My equipment was perfect for this job. I can't think of anyone else locally that would have been able to handle this job even close to as efficiently as we did. The nuns were overjoyed, out there taking pics. They said they would put them on their blog. Lol, pretty cool. I have some more work to look at next door for one of them too.

Funny though, even the good sister wasn't above slipping in an add on or two. Pretty smooth, actually.

Starting a project to remove 40 acres of Christmas trees today. Got a large removal to do later in the week. Already 90 degrees this morning. 110 for a hight today. Temps are going to be 110-112 all week... Not easy to leave the AC this morning after spending the weekend inside. Prolly knock off at 1 or 2 today.

Stung in the lip by a dang hornet today... Not allergic to bees or wasps but about a half hour after this sting I got whoosey as hell. Jumped in the AC in my truck and passed out for about 15 minutes... Not fun!

Starting a project to remove 40 acres of Christmas trees today. Got a large removal to do later in the week. Already 90 degrees this morning. 110 for a hight today. Temps are going to be 110-112 all week... Not easy to leave the AC this morning after spending the weekend inside. Prolly knock off at 1 or 2 today.

40 acres! You cutting those by hand? or got a machine helping out?

Yeah I got hit again in the arm and head this weekend at home by those little suckers.

View attachment 246821View attachment 246822

Here was my Monday, it wasn't fun. Tied into a poplar above it and climbed it. It got a little hairy towards the end but its on the ground and all is well. Have to go back Wednesday and take the other half down .

Just a little curious, what is that little yellow strap gonna do?
Probably be called a bully, Jeff.:confused:

I did a job a few weeks ago for a lady and as we were discussing what she wanted done she told me" hey when your finished you can even dump your load in my hole " as she pointed to a area behind her house that was kinda wooded but real low , I turned and looked at her and cracked up right in her face . Like a full whole hearted belly laugh and she was pretty hot for a older lady , she didn't get it why I was laughing , took a minute or so then she slapped me in the arm and told me I was fresh , but then hey would it save me any money?. Well yesterday she sent me a check and in the memo wrote the lady who had the hole ya filled ... I swear I almost fell the hell outta my chair laughing and she put and extra 50 bucks in to so I guess she was impressed !

I did a job a few weeks ago for a lady and as we were discussing what she wanted done she told me" hey when your finished you can even dump your load in my hole " as she pointed to a area behind her house that was kinda wooded but real low , I turned and looked at her and cracked up right in her face . Like a full whole hearted belly laugh and she was pretty hot for a older lady , she didn't get it why I was laughing , took a minute or so then she slapped me in the arm and told me I was fresh , but then hey would it save me any money?. Well yesterday she sent me a check and in the memo wrote the lady who had the hole ya filled ... I swear I almost fell the hell outta my chair laughing and she put and extra 50 bucks in to so I guess she was impressed !

sometimes it pays to snuggle and talk to them after your done.

Got up to 100 deg. today, just stupid hot, removed small dead redwood and bradford pear, then went home...
got big digger pine tomorrow, need to get it done quick or be back next day...4hr. is plenty in the heat...dont want to do what rope did and hit the dirt..lol...Rope, hope your doing better man...stay cool

111 here right now... We have been working 5 hour days the past two days... I had 2 fall out on me last week and I'm not looking to repeat that this week. Anyway, we knocked down approximately 600 Christmas trees in 8 hours. It's a mop up operation at this point. Hoping to be done by noon tomorrow if I hit it at daylight. Large dead Maple removal is on the agenda for Thursday... That reminds me, I have to schedule a line drop...

Stay cool all.

Back