whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a job a few weeks ago for a lady and as we were discussing what she wanted done she told me" hey when your finished you can even dump your load in my hole " as she pointed to a area behind her house that was kinda wooded but real low , I turned and looked at her and cracked up right in her face . Like a full whole hearted belly laugh and she was pretty hot for a older lady , she didn't get it why I was laughing , took a minute or so then she slapped me in the arm and told me I was fresh , but then hey would it save me any money?. Well yesterday she sent me a check and in the memo wrote the lady who had the hole ya filled ... I swear I almost fell the hell outta my chair laughing and she put and extra 50 bucks in to so I guess she was impressed !

Ya.. I'm not sending your crew over to grandma's place, to get some light into the garden, anytime soon!!

Lol, this the same customer you and the Mexican were peeping on in the tub?? :msp_scared:

It's been pretty slow here most of the year until now. I'm out about a month now, longest for this year by far.

Ya.. I'm not sending your crew over to grandma's place, to get some light into the garden, anytime soon!!

Lol, this the same customer you and the Mexican were peeping on in the tub?? :msp_scared:
god your obsessed with that tub story and no that happened 16 years ago and this was like 16 days ago , and I didn't realize you were sending us anywhere , maybe you should just focus on making the penquins smile with all your highly efficient tree equipment LOL

Lol.. weren't you supposed to be weeding the syringes and used condoms out of those beds, and bark mulching?? You know, Jersey style baby!! :laugh:

Ummmm what's your suicide rate again ???? Amazing that the inhabitants of such a great place are dying to get out of there . 1 days til thirsty thursday ehhhhhh sparkles

god your obsessed with that tub story and no that happened 16 years ago and this was like 16 days ago , and I didn't realize you were sending us anywhere , maybe you should just focus on making the penquins smile with all your highly efficient tree equipment LOL

Right, right.. I think I'm starting to see a pattern here!! Lol..

So what was the bathtub story again.. just to humor the new guys, of course!! :msp_thumbsup:

Here's a first....doing a bunch of removals in a backyard/wooded area. They just had a boardwalk put in and there was a shed back there as well. We knocked a bunch of smaller removals out first and then started on a larger beech. Just as the first roped piece comes down, this guy runs up yelling "Stop!!!!!". Didn't even want me to finish lowering the piece.

His problem you may wonder? He demanded we have a crane do the work or leave.:dizzy: For some reason, if a crane wasn't going to be used, he didn't want us there. So he talks to the boss/owner and we have to leave the job. Homeowner tells us to that he will find a company that will use a crane. You could have a picked a few of the trees no doubt, but it wasn't necessary or any faster. He still had a beech farther back that no way a crane will reach. Setup would have been terrible too with uneven ground.

The company I work for has been in business for over 30 years and has never had someone demand a crane or no job. We have a 23 ton and a 15 ton crane, I think we know when they are needed or not.

Here's a first....doing a bunch of removals in a backyard/wooded area. They just had a boardwalk put in and there was a shed back there as well. We knocked a bunch of smaller removals out first and then started on a larger beech. Just as the first roped piece comes down, this guy runs up yelling "Stop!!!!!". Didn't even want me to finish lowering the piece.

His problem you may wonder? He demanded we have a crane do the work or leave.:dizzy: For some reason, if a crane wasn't going to be used, he didn't want us there. So he talks to the boss/owner and we have to leave the job. Homeowner tells us to that he will find a company that will use a crane. You could have a picked a few of the trees no doubt, but it wasn't necessary or any faster. He still had a beech farther back that no way a crane will reach. Setup would have been terrible too with uneven ground.

The company I work for has been in business for over 30 years and has never had someone demand a crane or no job. We have a 23 ton and a 15 ton crane, I think we know when they are needed or not.
I ran into a similar situation once as a young climber. In this case, it turned out my boss at the time told the HO we would be using a crane for his removal. Hence the price.

We started a big cottonwood today, every piece has to be roped. We got over half done today three more hours and we will have the top out then comes the big wood. Most of the neighbors were out watching and got a weeks worth of work from them.

Hey Jared, the blocks have been working great. I have been using them quite a bit

Nothing fabulous today. First thing this morning we chipped up a branch that I cut off a client's roof last night with a buddy of mine. Then we went on to remove a black birch which I've been eying for over a month now... every time I've tried to do it there's always a car, or other obstruction in the way. After we got that down we went to chip a brush pile, and then off to lunch. Afterwards we took out a roughly 80' tall hemlock, had the 2 guys swinging mauls to get it busted up so we could chip everything. Came up about 5 yards short with the truck, so I called a friend who brought his rackbody over to chip into. Got the boys dropped at the yard along with the chipper and went to dump the chips almost an hour away... landscaper friend needed 50 yards of chips for a job he's doing... got 1 load out there last night, and 1 tonight... plus the 5+ he got onto his truck today. Got back to the yard, loaded some gear onto the truck and went home to check out my new signs which had been delivered. Get back to the house, open the box up... all 4 of the signs were damaged :dizzy: Called up the guy I've been dealing with to tell him what a beautiful job the sign company did, but that they were all damaged upon arrival. So now we have to see where this ends up.

Well, life is hard, so get on with it.
Jeff:msp_tongue:

I cant wait to crawl out of bed and stretch the sore muscles and do it again tomarrow. I think my man suit is getting worn pretty thin though, its been between 100-110 the last month!

I do have sympathy! You guy's got it tough out there!
Hat's off to ya'll.
Jeff

Work has kinda slowed up this past month. Everyone is locking themselves in the air and not sitting on their decks looking at the trees. We are still working every day or half days but not out a month like I was.

Took some logs to the a amish guy with a bandsaw mill yesturday afternoon. Guy is real nice, and let me run the mill some. Unfortanitly it just made me want to buy one even more. He milled me 1600 bdft of white and red oak for $150. Most of the boards are 5/4" x 12" x 16'. Gonna have it kiln dried, then i am gonna start to turn it into furniture.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just had my butt handed to me by a ash removal. Over 2 roofs that are black,cranking heat waves up at me, a fence, deck and patio, had to rig every piece, no shade all sun, no wind, I am freakin cooked. Difficult location but easy tree, but the heat just zapps the energy right out of me, so glad its done. Drank at least 2-3 gallons of water/Gatorade, still peed brown/green! Kept thinking of Rope, so I kept taking breaks, making sure I didn't take a ride, but I know I was getting there a couple times.

I love AC.

So check this out. Had a phone call, by a very hysterical woman I know, about her moms house. I will try and get this right.
So her parents have a few large trees on their property line. The next door guy wants them out, says he will pay if they sign off on it. They do. No problem, they wouldn't mind them out either. What they didn't want, is for a crew to show, and lay the trees over into the yard and, GET THIS! they dropped them into their garden, was in full production,smashed everything, tore up all the landscaping , dropped one into their brand new burn pit patio that they just had installed, busted it up, windmill from their grandpas farm house that was set in some landscaping. Of course ripping branches and crap down from the trees that where far into the yard. When she showed ( the duaghter), they had a bucket truck right there and had access via the drive from the one who is paying. Instead of going up and piecing it down they just dumped them. They had already put great big notches in trees and when she started jumping their butt about it, they guy said he was going to leave and screw the trees, this after the notches. She threatened to call the cops if he did and the he freaked and bailed anyways, leaving his crew there to lay them over, well they did, lol. She asked them if they knew what they where doing "what do u know about tree work lady" they asked. She responded with "I know it doesn't look like that, if U knew what U where doing, u would have used that truck right there or climbed them, like my Arborist (me) does, making it come down in pieces" Now there is several thousands of dollars in damage, they bailed leaving all the mess, think they took the wood, but left the debris, of course with a promise of "we will pay for the damage" Which probably totals more than the job. She called me to ask what to do. I said call the cops! They didn't have permission to do that, they where trespassing. Told her that you cant just drop stuff in another's yard with out permission. They didn't give permission for that, only that they agreed to let the guy take them out if he paid for them. Never giving them permission to use their yard.

Now, I don't know that I have every detail right, she was real excited, they broke more stuff but I cant remember, she was going so fast, and this totally took me off guard. She wanted me to come over and chew them out, but I don't need idiots like that scratching my stuff or busting a window, so I said leave my name out of it.

As I understand it, they had plenty of room in the other yard, with no obstructions, they had a bucket and they could have climbed it easy enough, but it was a hot mofo, so I am guessing they just said screw it and murphed it. They told her that they went up as high as they could to set a line for the rope, guess it was about halfway. Freakin WOW! So then of course I had to ask who it was, when she told me who it was, I had to laugh, same crack head under investigation for drug dealing. So then it was my turn "Why in the hell didn't u have them call me?" She said she didn't know about until it was already going down and her mom called frantic.

I am playing hookie today,another smoker and I am fried from the last 2 days, so I will go take a look, try and get some pics. Guess she got video of it, so I will try and get that as well.Should be some good entertainment! Freakin crack head hacks, gotta lovem.

Last edited:
Back