whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a tree job for the morning. I went and looked at it today. Base of the tree has quite a bit of rot, branch broke off and is laying on second floor deck and still hung up in tree. Theres about a 10' long vertical crack running down the leaders where the branch broke off. I got a 80' lift coming tonight for me in the morning. Everything should pretty much be able to be dropped so it should go pretty quick with that lift. All wood stays, just have to chip brush.

attachment.php

Man, this replacement Droid sucks!! Way too many glitches, I can't even delete a post anymore, let alone post a pic!! Sucks. :msp_sneaky:

My droid phone has alot of issues, so many infact that verizon upgraded me for free to a new samsung galaxy nexus III. Its a 4g phone, and is supposed to be the best out right now.

My droid phone has alot of issues, so many infact that verizon upgraded me for free to a new samsung galaxy nexus III. Its a 4g phone, and is supposed to be the best out right now.

Yeah, Verizon recently offered me a $100 credit if I resigned for a two year contract. F that, I'll save way more resigning with a new phone!! ####ers!

lightning struck tree barber chair

I got a call from a client who had lightning strike a tree in his back yard. I took one look at this tree and knew it was going to barber chair as soon as I put a back cut in it. Sure enough it did. It was just a question of how fast I could get out of there as soon as I saw the tree start to go. It missed me by a foot or so. Not to worry. I charged him accordingly.
View attachment 246533 View attachment 246534

Attached are a couple of pics I took before and after the cut. Would I do it again? Yeah probably, but I'll make sure I wear running shoes instead of boots next time. Cheers :cheers:

so you mean too say his equip. Is eligible for QQ tags LOL I have no room to talk I have not one but two trucks that are more than 10 years old a 10 year chipper a 7 year old stumper , here's a shout out for old the old iron still making money LOL

Nah yours is fine I just like messin with him.

Yeah, Verizon recently offered me a $100 credit if I resigned for a two year contract. F that, I'll save way more resigning with a new phone!! ####ers!

My God, you should hear yourself. You've changed, you can't go back, now yer a phonie. Poor bastard.

I don't know which is worse Blakes getting married or this.

I got a call from a client who had lightning strike a tree in his back yard. I took one look at this tree and knew it was going to barber chair as soon as I put a back cut in it. Sure enough it did. It was just a question of how fast I could get out of there as soon as I saw the tree start to go. It missed me by a foot or so. Not to worry. I charged him accordingly.
View attachment 246533 View attachment 246534

Attached are a couple of pics I took before and after the cut. Would I do it again? Yeah probably, but I'll make sure I wear running shoes instead of boots next time. Cheers :cheers:

DS, next time use a couple big tie downs, rope or chain and secure it above were your cutting, why take the chance of it barber chairing when you can keep it together for the fell...easy peasy, oh, that one is free...lol

So I get this email this morning. I find it INCREDIBLY annoying. Just thought I would share/vent for a moment. If its a legit company then it's a good price for sure. I am not sure about the two week part though. If its who I think it is they will be lucky if they show up before fall. The guy low balls n says what ever n then gets to it when he gets to it. I have picked up some work from people he pissed off by not showing. IF that's even who it is. Idk. I have lots of work but read this n u tell me........

Doug,

Thank you for the information you sent us and for the insurance statement which we received from your agent. At this time we decided to go with another company with a lift truck because of the ten trees. It would have been difficult for us personally to watch you climbing that many trees in our yard. In addition, he came in at $425 less than your bid, however, the number of trees was really the major factor. He will be able to complete the job in 2 weeks. We appreciated our conversation with you and if we have a need in the future for less tree work, we would give you a call. We have also given your name to our neighbors with similar problems and fewer trees!

So I get this email this morning. I find it INCREDIBLY annoying. Just thought I would share/vent for a moment. If its a legit company then it's a good price for sure. I am not sure about the two week part though. If its who I think it is they will be lucky if they show up before fall. The guy low balls n says what ever n then gets to it when he gets to it. I have picked up some work from people he pissed off by not showing. IF that's even who it is. Idk. I have lots of work but read this n u tell me........

Doug,

Thank you for the information you sent us and for the insurance statement which we received from your agent. At this time we decided to go with another company with a lift truck because of the ten trees. It would have been difficult for us personally to watch you climbing that many trees in our yard. In addition, he came in at $425 less than your bid, however, the number of trees was really the major factor. He will be able to complete the job in 2 weeks. We appreciated our conversation with you and if we have a need in the future for less tree work, we would give you a call. We have also given your name to our neighbors with similar problems and fewer trees!

I'd be pissed--really pissed.
Phil

The good and the bad

First the good, at least they contacted you and explained why they are not going to use you. Countless times I have spent hours with a potential costumer, evaluating all their trees, and drawing a location map with my recommendations.Weeks go by and I hear nothing. I drive by their house and the work has been completed. The real ##### is, its been done exactly as I proposed, meaning I see things that alot of the local yahoos have no clue, they only know removals.

The bad is more of a question was it $450 less on a $10,000.00 job or $450 less on a $2000.00 job?

This was my response. I sent this before I posted anything on AS.

Hello Mr and Mrs Fell
Thank you for letting me know. As long as the company you have chosen is fully insured (I assume you verified this) and actually shows up in the time frame they gave you then it sounds like a good price. I actually was considering using a crane on the trees out front which I had mentioned. They are actually very easy to climb so it would be a tough call for me. I would definitely appreciate it if you would pass my name along to friends and neighbors. I hope things go well with your job and thank you again for calling Ace Tree.
Doug Wetzler
Ace Tree Service

This was my response. I sent this before I posted anything on AS.

Hello Mr and Mrs Fell
Thank you for letting me know. As long as the company you have chosen is fully insured (I assume you verified this) and actually shows up in the time frame they gave you then it sounds like a good price. I actually was considering using a crane on the trees out front which I had mentioned. They are actually very easy to climb so it would be a tough call for me. I would definitely appreciate it if you would pass my name along to friends and neighbors. I hope things go well with your job and thank you again for calling Ace Tree.
Doug Wetzler
Ace Tree Service
excellant response. even though you would like to choke these people for basically giving you a BS story, you took the high road. hopefully it ends poorly with the service they chose, and it will leave you in a positive light for future referrals. one never knows who is connected to who.

Doug,

Your a better man then me , I mean thats a BS excuse for them not wanting to pay a few extra bucks and I woulda said something , I mean I am sure that I can be a bit offensive but some things need to be said , then they say there gonna refer you to neighbors with less trees after they hire a contractor to do theres again BS thats a coward with no balls saving face and to feel less guilt about being cheap ####s , maybe not though but I always choose think the worst first LOL and thats what has prolly held me back over the years , lack of a good quality mouth filter

Back