whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome to the technological age I've been bidding jobs with one for a long time now. as soon as its entered it goes to all the office computers. and i can read the invoices from my iPhone while on the job. sweetest thing ever.
I asked for gift cards for my b day and x mas for 2 years finally got 800.00 worth and went and busted a nut on this thing I mean I love it angry birds in full effect lol

TD'd 14 50-65' maple trees today, all along the roadway! straight notch and droppers! Demo'd a BC1200 today. Had 2 chippers going at once! Mine and the 1200. All the chips stayed and I had a friend take 8 pickup truck loads of wood away, another friend took the other bit (2 dump trailer loads away) I was impressed with the power of the BC1200, and the dual feed rollers. My BC1000 only has one, but eats like an animal as well! Going to demo the BC1500 later in the week if they can arrange it. Great day $$$!

TD'd 14 50-65' maple trees today, all along the roadway! straight notch and droppers! Demo'd a BC1200 today. Had 2 chippers going at once! Mine and the 1200. All the chips stayed and I had a friend take 8 pickup truck loads of wood away, another friend took the other bit (2 dump trailer loads away) I was impressed with the power of the BC1200, and the dual feed rollers. My BC1000 only has one, but eats like an animal as well! Going to demo the BC1500 later in the week if they can arrange it. Great day $$$!

Sounds like a great day!
Jeff :)

It's nice to be a high roller sometimes right. Good for you man I hope ya make a million , or enough lol

Havent seen

attachment.php

In a while and kinda been missing the interesting videos.

It's nice to be a high roller sometimes right. Good for you man I hope ya make a million , or enough lol

Few more storms this month would help! lol! I have a great crew right now and we can rock out the big jobs very efficiently. Plus yesterday the Vermeer guy was helping with the brush! He took a few videos with his phone. If he sends em I will post them. Nothing too exciting (but he thought it was) just another day for us!

Watched my oldest prune his first large tree. Watched him hip thrust up about 50ft with ease, I pulled his slack. Kinda cool watching your boy get after it. Good choices and nice cuts, WAIT!!!! HE LISTENED TO ME, HOLY CRAP! Really tho, it was cool and scary at the same time. He was in bed at 8.

Been real busy and forgot to post this. So last sat, me, wife and son went to Judo, after we talked the boy into going to the farmers market with us. They have our River Drive all tore up so in this old part of town you have to do a detour. As we were making our way thru the side roads, we pass one of my competitors guys driving his chipper truck thru there, going real fast, too fast. I made a comment to my wife and we kept going. Next day I drive down to my dump spot, passing this guys chop. The chip truck it totaled, BAAAAAADLY. Top is ripped off (not all the way, but peeled back) and looks like the rear axle is broken. A couple days later I am told that he hit a bridge in this road that everyone knows has a low train bridge over it. Was told he hit it full bore, had to duck so he didn't get his head ripped off. Guess the kid didn't see the warnings and paid no attention to the tubes that hang at the same height like 100 yards back on each side as a warning. Kid is freaking lucky he didn't get hurt. Kid was young and looked like he was in a major hurry. That right there is what makes me so nervous about others driving my stuff.

Been real busy and forgot to post this. So last sat, me, wife and son went to Judo, after we talked the boy into going to the farmers market with us. They have our River Drive all tore up so in this old part of town you have to do a detour. As we were making our way thru the side roads, we pass one of my competitors guys driving his chipper truck thru there, going real fast, too fast. I made a comment to my wife and we kept going. Next day I drive down to my dump spot, passing this guys chop. The chip truck it totaled, BAAAAAADLY. Top is ripped off (not all the way, but peeled back) and looks like the rear axle is broken. A couple days later I am told that he hit a bridge in this road that everyone knows has a low train bridge over it. Was told he hit it full bore, had to duck so he didn't get his head ripped off. Guess the kid didn't see the warnings and paid no attention to the tubes that hang at the same height like 100 yards back on each side as a warning. Kid is freaking lucky he didn't get hurt. Kid was young and looked like he was in a major hurry. That right there is what makes me so nervous about others driving my stuff.

I wonder if the boss wrote him up? lol.

Some years ago, a friend of mine had a guy drive under the lower boom of a nice rear mount and catch it with the metal chip box. As I heard it there was like 18k in damage to the boom. Ouch.

when we were working that little derecho in Mays Landing , we were eating lunch and a newer Lewis bucket came in and the drivers outrigger was bent back like a pretzel , I dunno if someone hit or someone dumped the truck and left it down , kinda looked like aa expensive fix and I can't see how they were usng it for anything more then a chip catcher .

If you remember a thread i started awhile back called "bucket truck idiot"? Well some years ago that same guy was dumping chips in someones driveway and left with the boom up. Took out about 12 loops going across the street he was driving down. LMAO. Funny thing is I guess the power company was pretty cool about it. Didnt even bill him. However the home owners all coming outside at the same time to see why there power was off on a sunny afternoon, well, they was alil upset.

Just watching it rain this morning

If you remember a thread i started awhile back called "bucket truck idiot"? Well some years ago that same guy was dumping chips in someones driveway and left with the boom up. Took out about 12 loops going across the street he was driving down. LMAO. Funny thing is I guess the power company was pretty cool about it. Didnt even bill him. However the home owners all coming outside at the same time to see why there power was off on a sunny afternoon, well, they was alil upset.

Just watching it rain this morning
I actually kinda did the same thing I was running a f800 with a long body and tailgate salter ,it had a electric tarp that must have jammed somehow almost straight up , I drove from the salt shack about 10 minutes down the road to a res. Neighborhood and wripped down prolly 25 cable and tele. Wires and I only knew because I caught one and I saw the streetlight dancing behind me , I stopped saw what I did called my boss and high tailed it outta there it was like 4am in the morning LOL

Last edited:
Today I am working at a petting zoo , in the goat pen taking down a white oak they destroyed and a holly , these fricking little bastards are a real pain in the ass , they grabbed my cigarettes and tried to eat the whole damn pack , won't get the hell outta the way and when ever you stop in a one spot they nibble at ya , I told the lady 2xs and she thinks its great , I am close to punting one of these ####ers into the chicken coupe , anyway its pouring here now , and I am sitting in the truck jamming a little STP and waiting for the sun which should be out soon I can see the blue skies on the horizon

when we were working that little derecho in Mays Landing , we were eating lunch and a newer Lewis bucket came in and the drivers outrigger was bent back like a pretzel , I dunno if someone hit or someone dumped the truck and left it down , kinda looked like aa expensive fix and I can't see how they were usng it for anything more then a chip catcher .

I heard a story a while ago from a few guys that I work with, years ago maybe 10 or so they were out doing parkway trimming and this one person REALLY did not want there tree trimmed so dude jumped in the bucket and started driving away with the bucket up and the out riggers down needless to say dude got his ass beat as he got pulled outta the truck. bent the hell outa the outriggers couldn't even get them up

I heard a story a while ago from a few guys that I work with, years ago maybe 10 or so they were out doing parkway trimming and this one person REALLY did not want there tree trimmed so dude jumped in the bucket and started driving away with the bucket up and the out riggers down needless to say dude got his ass beat as he got pulled outta the truck. bent the hell outa the outriggers couldn't even get them up

Could you imagine being the guy in the bucket I would have soiled myself for sure

Back