whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you trotted down her front walk with her check in your hand , you shoulda jumped up and clicked your heels just to make sure her blood pressure was at its maximum . :hmm3grin2orange: sometimes your the bat and sometimes the ball lol

Bunch of pruning today.

For once in my life we might have over bid a job. My foreman, Jeff, bid 600 on a job that took about 2 hours for my 3 man crew. I never saw the job so I emailed the customer to make sure she was satisfied. In her response she asked why it cost so much and that she would love to hear a little context on the price.

My guys only made 1250 that day as the other job was 650 and took about 5 hours or so. I do not want to seem stingy with her as I try to be really accommodating to my customers. I have never had one balk at the price AFTER the job was done though. Not sure exactly how to respond. I do feel that I charge a little more than many of the companies out here but I am not the top-dollar guy. Regardless I underbid jobs a whole lot more often than overbidding!

Stoked for my wife and I to fly out to CT to see my folks tonight. Gonna take out an incidental maple in Newtown on Monday.

Interesting. Now call yer insurance broker and ask him " why so much".

I recently did. Then I said " Well that is to much! I'll pay 500 or cancel"

500 it is! #### em. We work, they jerk. #### em again. I'll drive my truck into a daycare center, kill everybody in a firery blaze, hope its a 6 billion dollars. #### em!

Last edited:
Interesting. Now call yer insurance broker and ask him " why so much".

I recently did. Then I said " Well that is to much! I'll pay 500 or cancel"

500 it is! #### em. We work, they jerk. #### em again. I'll drive my truck into a daycare center, kill everybody in a firery blaze, hope its a 6 billion dollars. #### em!

Delete that it's dIsturbing lol well the daycare fiery crash anyway lol

Delete that it's dIsturbing lol well the daycare fiery crash anyway lol

I agree but no more disturbing than the rest so #### EM! I just hope to go out with a bang... and one hefty insurance claim. I would rather it not be a daycare center but how else can I rack up the dollars so quickly?

Removed a hazardous maple, don't ya love it when you lay into some wood and your blade is so sharp that it makes you laugh. Getting 1/2" ribbons from cross cutting. Makes for a quick day! HO was a older single gay chick, she was real happy, so happy that she had to hug my cute little 110 lb wife, for some reason tho, she didn't hug any of the guys. When she did it, she had her back to me, wife was facing me during the embrace, gives me this WTF look! IT WAS AWESOME!

We are stayin' in today, big yard sell this weekend. Gotta unload 10tons of boys clothes.

And they say I am strange? Seriously, you should have punched that dyke in the mouth. I mean, what if I hugged yer wife? See?

I agree but no more disturbing than the rest so #### EM! I just hope to go out with a bang... and one hefty insurance claim. I would rather it not be a daycare center but how else can I rack up the dollars so quickly?

Could ya bequeef the red dump to me and maybe use the Subaru as the baby burner .

Ran a little 2250 bandit the dealer wanted to demo 30hp. I run a 140hp Carlton usually but this little guy impressed me bought it on the spot. I was trying it on a decent maple stump and I couldn't get the disk to stall. It's got the little Vermeer smoked I can't stand 252's.

473d396e-cd71-8332.jpg

473d396e-cd7b-863c.jpg

473d396e-cd84-490f.jpg

473d396e-cd90-4abb.jpg

Those things are the biggest pieces of crap on the market! You might as well have bought a Steiner.

Glad i had it today. Had a bad battery cable on the grinder and it wont start. Had to lossen up all the hydrolics so i could set it in the tow craddle and then drag it onto the trailer with the dingo. Bought two new cables, battery, and voltage regulater. Should have just replaced that stuff when i redid the dang grinder. Of course the worst part was i had about 5 more minutes of grinding to do yet, so i had to go back tonight and finish.

attachment.php

And they say I am strange? Seriously, you should have punched that dyke in the mouth. I mean, what if I hugged yer wife? See?

Even if the lesbian is beat ass ugly 1 hot chick hugging any other girl besides your mom or your sister is kinda hot , oohhhhh and your grand mom huggin a hot chick isn't hot either .

Glad i had it today. Had a bad battery cable on the grinder and it wont start. Had to lossen up all the hydrolics so i could set it in the tow craddle and then drag it onto the trailer with the dingo. Bought two new cables, battery, and voltage regulater. Should have just replaced that stuff when i redid the dang grinder. Of course the worst part was i had about 5 more minutes of grinding to do yet, so i had to go back tonight and finish.

attachment.php

I am kinda gonna miss that mug. I cut for two days straight, made a couple bucks, wasn't that hard, kinda relaxing and fun, not very involved. Haven't done any damage with the mower yet but I am gonna join a lawn care website, tell them I am a retired tree guy and to go pound salt.

Just me, my mower and a quart of beer, riding along like I am Paul Revere.

I have used the Dingo to jump start trucks... and push a stumper.

Bunch of pruning today.

For once in my life we might have over bid a job. My foreman, Jeff, bid 600 on a job that took about 2 hours for my 3 man crew. I never saw the job so I emailed the customer to make sure she was satisfied. In her response she asked why it cost so much and that she would love to hear a little context on the price.

My guys only made 1250 that day as the other job was 650 and took about 5 hours or so. I do not want to seem stingy with her as I try to be really accommodating to my customers. I have never had one balk at the price AFTER the job was done though. Not sure exactly how to respond. I do feel that I charge a little more than many of the companies out here but I am not the top-dollar guy. Regardless I underbid jobs a whole lot more often than overbidding!

Stoked for my wife and I to fly out to CT to see my folks tonight. Gonna take out an incidental maple in Newtown on Monday.

Hi Mike, it could be that that she wanted a break down on price. Some people like a detailed discription on work preformed. So you made with a 3 man crew $100 per man hour on her job and $43 per man hour on the next. Have your foreman break it down for you and then respond. Probably is all she want's.
Jeff :smile2:

Ran a little 2250 bandit the dealer wanted to demo 30hp. I run a 140hp Carlton usually but this little guy impressed me bought it on the spot. I was trying it on a decent maple stump and I couldn't get the disk to stall. It's got the little Vermeer smoked I can't stand 252's.

473d396e-cd71-8332.jpg

473d396e-cd7b-863c.jpg

473d396e-cd84-490f.jpg

473d396e-cd90-4abb.jpg

Cool Matt I am thinking of going to a slightly bigger machine. How much? I am supposed to be demoing a Vermeer 372 in the next week or 2. Have a 100 stumps on one property to do!

Have you heard of those things they put in cars that make you blow in them to see if you are not drunk?
Yeah? They need to put one on your keyboard so you dont TUI!!
Jeff :msp_mad:

I LMAO when one of my groundies showed up today wearing this shirt. It was 10am before I noticed then we all had a good laugh. I hope it doesnt offend anyone. If so, well....idk. I do know that the shirt def fit him. N the size was good to .... : )
6b09f217-e7bc-f89d.jpg

I LMAO when one of my groundies showed up today wearing this shirt. It was 10am before I noticed then we all had a good laugh. I hope it doesnt offend anyone. If so, well....idk. I do know that the shirt def fit him. N the size was good to .... : )
6b09f217-e7bc-f89d.jpg

Being retarded is a must if your going to operate a bc1250. So happy to get rid of that chipper.

Latest posts

Back