whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High 80s go away summer its deer season:(
Btw if you happened to be in Ar crusin down scenic hwy 7 though our mountains and seen a guy sitting in a tree in his underware your not crazy:) I was trying to stay cool:monkey:

better getcha some realtree boxers from Cabella's Rope!

I did these 2 white oaks:

[video=youtube;AJ2L1gr3t_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2L1gr3t_Y[/video]

Lol I been seeing deer in this heat unreal two bucks fought 50 yards from me the other night I passed on the iffy shot. They better not get closer though lol

i went out this wekend and passed up 3 does and a lil basket 8. havent been out at all this week tho, been slammed with firewood calls. hopefully when i get back from salmon fishing. talked to my neighbor tonight and he said he saw "my" 160 class buck out in his back yard again pickin apples off his tree. hopefully postin pics of him in the back of my truck soon:msp_biggrin:

Btw if you happened to be in Ar crusin down scenic hwy 7 though our mountains and seen a guy sitting in a tree in his underware your not crazy:) I was trying to stay cool:monkey:

ha ha.....scenic......:msp_lol:

"Look there johnny, look at the birds, oh see those trees samantha, wow look at those deer. And over here we have...AAAAAHHHHHHHH! Don't Look!"

"What was that, mom?"

"A native."

;)

We were going to take out a maple yesterday, HO is getting new garage. I call to tell them we are on our way, HO tells me that the garage contractor is there, already demoed old garage and has formed the pad for new one, they are getting ready to poor concrete. WTF? I ask! I was scheduled, they were not to start for a few weeks, she says they just showed and started working. So then I scramble to see what I can fill in for the day, nothing made any sense to go do, as all I have is bigger projects at the moment. Days like that are when I appreciate the little 3-400 jobs, good for filling in the spots. So we stayed in, guys split wood all mourning, then I put them in the skid steer and had them get some time with the grapple. Man it was a nice day tho! Had them rip out the garden and we are digging the soil out, down about 4 ft, replace with good soil for the garden, we have nothing but rocks,asphalt and sand, the city filled our yard with the old street back in the day. Doing 2 ash removals today, gunna have the padawan do them, one bucket, one climber.

I did these 2 white oaks:

[video=youtube;AJ2L1gr3t_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2L1gr3t_Y[/video]

Looking good bro I'm knotless too I don't know how I tied all them bowlines in the past lol.

Good video indeed,allthough I'm knot knotless.
I tried it it a few times here and there.Always seemed to find something to snag on ,either on the way down or the way back up.

Except on the rare occasion when I specificly tell them it's OK, I wont allow the groundy to
just slip a running bowline off the end of a small piece.
Been burnt too many times with the rope hangin on something on the way back up.

Knot Knocking your style guys,but it just ain't for me.

BTW: love the loop runner and crab for catching small tops.
I keep at least one of each on my saddle for every climb.

Walked outside to start the truck a couple minutes ago, my cat came flying across the yard with a big gray fox right behind him. Reached behind the door, gave Mr. Fox a load of #4 buck to the face. Lol. Cat gets some extra treats tonight for that little trick. Wish he'd do that every morning.

Looking good bro I'm knotless too I don't know how I tied all them bowlines in the past lol.

Me either! So much faster! More and more are going this way, and the manufacturers know it. Prices for slings have doubled in the last 2 years.

I like knotless a lot but I try to make sure I change the slings out regularly. I also use a backup often. It literally only takes a second.

acid_picdump_45.jpg

Mang.How could you forget to T.I.T.S.?:dizzy::hmm3grin2orange:

Bid work all day today. I start 6 large pine removals Monday and have another semi-large job I'm waiting to hear back on for the weekend (but we all know how that goes). Another one I need to schedule next week and have to email one more estimate this evening. More work to bid tomorrow... I'm ready to take a trip back home to get my deer woods ready and hunt...

Trees, trees, trees... I can't seem to get out of Alabama...

My daughter was born last night she is so cute!

Good stuff. Congrats.

Put Eric up these two pines today for a bit more experience under his belt. Which made me the ground guy dragging this #### through a corridor of hemlocks and chipping it up. Not bad for a change of pace but I don't exactly miss those days. Filled the chip truck and bucket with chips and packed the dump trailer full of wood...manually...need my bobcat back! We were both in second gear headed up the hill to the dump site doing about 10mph. Got passed by 7 cars. lol Good day, tired as hell but we made some decent coin for a change.

attachment.php

Good stuff. Congrats.

Put Eric up these two pines today for a bit more experience under his belt. Which made me the ground guy dragging this #### through a corridor of hemlocks and chipping it up. Not bad for a change of pace but I don't exactly miss those days. Filled the chip truck and bucket with chips and packed the dump trailer full of wood...manually...need my bobcat back! We were both in second gear headed up the hill to the dump site doing about 10mph. Got passed by 7 cars. lol Good day, tired as hell but we made some decent coin for a change.

attachment.php

What happened to the bobcat?

Back