whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a beer or eight. Been a rough few weeks but I think I'm getting my #### together finally. More banking and BS tomorrow but I get to kill some ####in trees come Wednesday. With a crane to boot. :msp_biggrin:

Hey Eddie, how big of a parking lot is a $40K contract? With salt. Some dude just offered me one, I'm like, I don't think my 8 ft Western plow will be up to that task. lol

Hey Eddie, how big of a parking lot is a $40K contract? With salt. Some dude just offered me one, I'm like, I don't think my 8 ft Western plow will be up to that task. lol[/ K mart kinda deal man , well for instance a billable ton of salt is about 175.00 and a billable loader hour about 140 and a truck somewhere 120 or so , get the square footage of asphalt or at least the coordinates so you can google map it and measure it , maybe something along the lines of a target or so , hard to say .

Is it a flat rate contract cause they can be tricky sometimes your the bat and sometimes the ball , most of what I do is per occurrence but small #### like jiffy lubes and pizza huts and those kinda deals and I am a sub for the scraper , but if you send me the contract I will have my buddy look it over and tell you if it's gonna pay you to take it , and he's pretty damn smart with the numbers just email it to me when you get it and I will have an answer right quick .

Ohh Blake's my buddy works for Verizon in Jackson and he said they are switched back on for the most part people are back and he said there is a mad amount of work near Jackson Ewing all those central jersey spots near Trenton Rutgers and Princeton , maybe you should take another look Into what you were doing last week , I am ..... Thinking maybe about pursuing that area next week . Just don't know how to approach them ! Maybe door hangers never really tried anything like that

Is it a flat rate contract cause they can be tricky sometimes your the bat and sometimes the ball , most of what I do is per occurrence but small #### like jiffy lubes and pizza huts and those kinda deals and I am a sub for the scraper , but if you send me the contract I will have my buddy look it over and tell you if it's gonna pay you to take it , and he's pretty damn smart with the numbers just email it to me when you get it and I will have an answer right quick .

I was pretty much joking on that deal Eddie, hope you didn't think too hard. It's a Home Depot flat rate lot and I really don't have the interest in it with my equipment. I turned the lead over to a bigger outfit in the snow removal biz, if he likes it and lands it I'll see about subbing under him with my truck if needed or maybe just get him to turn me loose on some tree jobs he comes across. My mouth about hit the floor when he said that number, didn't think there was much dough in snow.

Ohh Blake's my buddy works for Verizon in Jackson and he said they are switched back on for the most part people are back and he said there is a mad amount of work near Jackson Ewing all those central jersey spots near Trenton Rutgers and Princeton , maybe you should take another look Into what you were doing last week , I am ..... Thinking maybe about pursuing that area next week . Just don't know how to approach them ! Maybe door hangers never really tried anything like that

That's part of what I've been banging my head against the wall with all weekend. The plan is pretty much set at this point with minimal skin off my back if it don't work. Don't want to talk about it too much and end up jinxing it though. Like I said, my #### should be figured out end of this week or early next.

I was pretty much joking on that deal Eddie, hope you didn't think too hard. It's a Home Depot flat rate lot and I really don't have the interest in it with my equipment. I turned the lead over to a bigger outfit in the snow removal biz, if he likes it and lands it I'll see about subbing under him with my truck if needed or maybe just get him to turn me loose on some tree jobs he comes across. My mouth about hit the floor when he said that number, didn't think there was much dough in snow.

Go figure man I was close on the size right , a Home Depot is about the same as a target for the most part about , I will suggest you maybe investing In a salt spreader making a 100 an hour to do laps and jam to pearl jam . It's great money I make 2900 to 3500 a day In the snow ! For nothing but driving my machines around not bad at tall LOL

Next time you come to jersey you better make at least an attempt to come see me ! That pissed me off I ain't gonna lie , I would enjoyed a jäger bomb you #### ! :msp_sneaky:

Next time you come to jersey you better make at least an attempt to come see me ! That pissed me off I ain't gonna lie , I would enjoyed a jäger bomb you #### ! :msp_sneaky:

lol...I would've till the clutch just about #### the bed in your ####ing Jersey traffic jams down there and I was barely able to limb the old yota onto the highway and make a beeline for home. Didn't get to see md or slayer either if that makes you feel any better. We did meet a cute chick and her mom at a bar south of Tom's River somewhere, her mom gave me a ride in the porshe which was fun, then I tried to pick a fight with some cable pullers from Chicago and Eric had to buy them drinks to calm them down....what I'm saying is, it wasn't a completely wasted trip...lol

Not that I wasn't hauling some extra weight in that poor old truck. Had it packed to the gills with gear and gas. I learned my lesson though when I saw this rig from Michigan outside the type of ####hole that would only pass as a hotel in Jersey! lol Seriously though, Eric and I walked into the room and he looks at me and says, "I think I'd rather sleep in the truck." hahaha

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 262051View attachment 262052

There is a guy that i know thats been doing snow plowing for 35 years. He makes around $300,000 on a 4" snow storm. He has alot of subs and guys working for him, but its still BIG money in snow. Why do you think i just bought two new v plows. I could pay both plows off from one good storm.

There is a guy that i know thats been doing snow plowing for 35 years. He makes around $300,000 on a 4" snow storm. He has alot of subs and guys working for him, but its still BIG money in snow. Why do you think i just bought two new v plows. I could pay both plows off from one good storm.

I love that I told Blake's last year about snow , but it took some momo dangling a big carrot in front of his nose to take a sniff , I can work one storm and take off the rest of the week and pull my pud ! I don't know whatever to each his own LOL ! And I get paid when the I need it the most the winter

One of them days.

I worked at a school up in the local mountains, trimming their trees. Most of them were small and it should of been an easy day. While trying to do something with a Oak that had previously been hammered, My new 201T came off that worthless cari-biner or whatever its called, fell 8ft on to a concrete planter putting it out of action.
Later trimming a over grown Liquid Amber I was trying to launch a skinny long leader and part of it somehow brushed a HV line and zap me enough to get my attention, my hand still feels like it got hit with a hammer.
There were some apple trees that were so tangled and messed up was hard to do anything with them, I was asked to please make them look nice.
When the day was finally over my truck wouldn't start because a grounds men moved it earlier and left the radio on. I was the last one to leave. Thankfully a nice lady gave me a jump. It was nice to get home in one piece.

Latest posts

Back