whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's a Ditch Witch SK650. I really wouldn't want to be without it.
Will probably end up finishing that job myself with no groundie.
If I can locate some true "turf friendly" tracks like the green tracks for ASV, or the ones Toro has I'd be all set.

It didn't look like a dingo on my phone. More like a ditch witch.

I have a 2002 dingo tx425 wide track. I love that thing.
Glad i bought it, saves me lots of time.

Assuming it has nothing but a bucket and 1200hrs, do you think 7500 is a good price? Guy has had it up for sale for months.. I appears to be in decent shape and is a 2006.

I would say that's a fair price, but not a steal. Is it a wide track machine? I paid $6000 for mine.

Its not identified as a wide track, but the pictures show a wide track unit. I have just recently started looking. I would rather find something cheaper, but this is local and the cheapest one Ive found by thousands of dollars..

How much is the under carrage to repair and was yours wore out when you got it ?

If I remember right, it was around $1000 to replace all the under carriage wheels and bolts. All of the wheels were bad when I got it. Easiest way to check them is to use the bucket to lift the front of the tracks off the ground. Try to wiggle the wheels, if they move at all, they are bad.

If I remember right, it was around $1000 to replace all the under carriage wheels and bolts. All of the wheels were bad when I got it. Easiest way to check them is to use the bucket to lift the front of the tracks off the ground. Try to wiggle the wheels, if they move at all, they are bad.

Well I guess a turn key unit four years newer for 1500 isnt bad then? I am calling on it tomorrow. Anything else to look out for?

Was it peta to change them one day I will get a mini trying to decide if tracked or wheeled is best!

Easter today, but in-between picking up some last-minute foods we forgot, picking-up relatives, church, noshing, and walking the dog, took advantage of a few outdoors moments before the weather turned.

Had this old knotty round that was bugging me ... defying the Fiskars. It's not the only one, but with the rain coming, I decided it was time to get it down to a more manageable size and under the tarps -- whether it liked it or not. Not work, just a way to burn a few of today's extra calories.

Back was tight and nasty all week but sometimes, a little splitting almost loosens things up, and get the blood flowing, or so it seems.

Also brought in a new 'temporary' chopping block from the back of the log-a-van. (Until it gets split and replaced by a better candidate.

Last edited:
Is that Dennis in the picture? Were the last of a dying breed out here in calif.

yep! He has been climbing around 30 years too, since he was about 15. His grandfather, dad, and 3 or 4 brothers were also tree men.

Thanks for helping me out with those previously hacked canary pines the other day. Not an easy thing to do.

I am gonna sell my petzl zig zag i just got. Dont care for it much. Like brand new in box with instructions. Looking for $235 shipped via usps flat rate. PM me if your interested.

Back