whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came home after climbing all day, had 6 thick juicy burgers for the family waiting on the charcoal to get right. Came inside and the d**m dogs got all but one burger. I could shoot those f*****s right now.

Haha, Had some steaks tonight and my daughter couldn't figure out why I didn't want the dog to go out while she put them on.

Got tons of paperwork to do....full stomach....think I'll just keep browsing here and ebay, posed to rain tomorrow anyways I can do it all then right?......

7y6arydy.jpg
spike less spruce removal

Afraid you'll gaff yourself?

Came home after climbing all day, had 6 thick juicy burgers for the family waiting on the charcoal to get right. Came inside and the d**m dogs got all but one burger. I could shoot those f*****s right now.

Give me a call, I'll have those miserable curs in line in 10 minutes flat.

Don't tempt me.
How about a 100 lb German Shepherd that makes it his life mission to hunt down and kill anything small and furry or feathered? Pretty sure he's the reason the neighbors cat is missing. Came outside one day and he was chewing on the last leg of a big rabbit. Fine with me. Didn't have to feed him that day.
reraqa6e.jpg

And looking at this pic I just realized his head is bigger than mine

New guy today, my age roughly. Showed up at 8:30, by the end of the day I knew his life story.

Spent the day with a rented stumper with 19 hours on it. A smaller unit, worked good. Got it stuck atop a stump this time, don't recall ever doing that before. I dunno, the lever that makes it roll kept messing with me. It was labeled REV for making it go in the direction of the cutting wheel, to me, that's forward.

Was done stumpin a 3, was going to stop to gas it up but the new guy said he had to go get his kid because the school called and said they wouldn't let the kid on the bus because he was fighting. So I didn't stop but drove home and paid the new guy, told him I was going to drop off the stumper then come back and take out the chipper so he starts a whole nother conversation about the mold in his house.

Trying to make time I forgot to gas the stumper so I got banged 5 bucks a gallon by the rental agency which really isn't a bad deal considering the time I would have had to spend waiting for people to get of their phone and pump gas plus having to listen to the advertisments being blasted at me by the TV's they have on top of the pumps makes me angry.

How about a 100 lb German Shepherd that likes to counter surf and chases shadows?

I'll make a shepherd whimper. Like I said, they are easy. They have long skinny limbs which my experience tells you are easy to break and dislocate. The long muzzle is also easily ripped open and broken. I flung one around by its tail. Its not hard to feign and get a dog by its tail.

Pitbulls are not like this. I don't think I would fight one barehanded and I have chased Rotties down with nothing more than my dim wit.

See my theory works, dogs are submissive to humans unless its been trained to fight and fight til its dead. If not, it will run away after realizing it has a challenge.

Now I suppose a normal dog would keep coming if its family was being attacked but I don't do that sort of thing.

People who have Pittbulls will always defend it by saying they are no different than any other dog, that they are loving and friendly. I am sure they can be loving and friendly but I am also sure they have a little something extra GMO-ed into their brains, not to mention the shorter legs, solid muscle, short wide muzzle, no tail. You might as well be trying to grab a buttered pig.

like I've said before...noooobody gonna out talk a ground doggie

This guy wasn't so bad, at least he would work.

These kids today just run their mouths about their problems, I am like, " I don't think you should be telling me this"

Either that or about all the mountains they have climbed, girls they have laid and money they have made.

When I was a kid I pretty much just ran when barked at, didn't feel right telling my boss all my problems, he seemed to busy teaching me how to be impatient.

I hate ball hitches, just finished changing all 4 of my trailers over to pintel. But....yeah looks like it will break....if you ever have the patience to get it hooked up.

I hate ball hitches, just finished changing all 4 of my trailers over to pintel. But....yeah looks like it will break....if you ever have the patience to get it hooked up.

Maybe they don't make that ally thing with a pintle for a reason?

While we are on the subject:

Did you ever notice there are different pintle clasps? I mean some clasps allow the ring to slop around in it more than others.

I bought a combo pintle ( has a 2 inch ball), there is a lot of slop in there. I don't think its right.

The pintle clasps that swivel and have a shock reducing spring seem to have a proper gap for the ring.

Maybe they don't make that ally thing with a pintle for a reason?

While we are on the subject:

Did you ever notice there are different pintle clasps? I mean some clasps allow the ring to slop around in it more than others.

I bought a combo pintle ( has a 2 inch ball), there is a lot of slop in there. I don't think its right.

The pintle clasps that swivel and have a shock reducing spring seem to have a proper gap for the ring.

yeah the swivel shock pintels are def the best. Never bought a pintel ball cuz I hates ball hitches but I got about 5 pintels for my pu for all heights and all my big trucks got pintels.

yeah the swivel shock pintels are def the best. Never bought a pintel ball cuz I hates ball hitches but I got about 5 pintels for my pu for all heights and all my big trucks got pintels.

Yes, but do you have one on the front?

Neat!

Can I ask what/how you used the lift for?

We do our fair share of hangers like that, but as there are so many other trees there to play off, what advantage does the lift offer?
Sure the lift I used for the woodpecker infested white pine 10' from the house, makes doing the sketchy trees a breeze and less dangerous, the spruce we climbed, broke off at the base and was wedged into some other trees.

Latest posts

Back