whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been thinking about getting a job out of the way between christmas and new years. Im not betting on it though. Every time I get ready to head to that job it rains and his yard turns into a swamp.

Do you do your painting in house or do you send it to someone. I was told by a lot of old timers to stay away from painting because of how finicky it is and how terrible the fumes are for your health.

Some of it we do in house. Truck cabs and stuff like that i pay to get them done I'm to afraid of them looking like hell. You deffinetly want a good mask or be outside if you can. The fumes will mess you up.

The guy that drives our log truck used to be a body man. During the slow times I have him start fixing dents and dings. He did a really good job of getting a dent out of a chip box. Never thought that thing would come out it was in the top right rear corner. I think I'll let him take a stab at doing the fenders. If it turns out bad I might just have to take it somewhere.

I guess I have a damn cold but we did get a fairly large check we had been looking for the last three weeks. Who is working Xmas? We are starting a big removal tomorrow and if we don't finish it we are going in Xmas morn. for whatever it takes...hopefully not over two hours if we have to go at all.

Sounds like a good way to piss off the neighbours.

That would be a double time wage bill here if you could get the crew to show up. If I was told to come in to work on Christmas it would be divorce time.

Does anybody know how to get ahold of treevet? There is a new guy in the business management section wanting to get a landscaping business going in ohio. He sounds like he could use a job with someone that could sell his landscaping services.

Sounds like a good way to piss off the neighbours.

That would be a double time wage bill here if you could get the crew to show up. If I was told to come in to work on Christmas it would be divorce time.

We did it two years ago. Ice sent a large maple branch through a roof guy was really desperate so we went lifted it out and tarped it for him. The hole went straight into his living roof and was around two feet wide.

Do you do your painting in house or do you send it to someone. I was told by a lot of old timers to stay away from painting because of how finicky it is and how terrible the fumes are for your health.
I do alot of welding on equipent and after a few hours of that some days I feel like crap. The fumes from that always tore me up. I've been making a flatbed for my one ton out of stainless. Built a receiver hitch for the three point hitch on my tractor to tow the chippers around job sites. I welded one on the bucket but you loose a lot of traction hooking it up front from what I found.

I guess I have a damn cold but we did get a fairly large check we had been looking for the last three weeks. Who is working Xmas? We are starting a big removal tomorrow and if we don't finish it we are going in Xmas morn. for whatever it takes...hopefully not over two hours if we have to go at all.

Are you related to Ebenezer Scrouge?

Had an easy and early day. A little bit of ROW and a tall dead bean pole red oak. Got off early enough to finish up some important paperwork and off till Monday.
And yes the vet is stirring away on the buzz

Woke up to see the boss brought me a new toy.once I figured out how to unload it I started making a list. going to go through it new hoses new paint fix a couple leaks then start using it as the back yard machine. (Smiling)

Attachments

• 20141223_161122.jpg
    20141223_161122.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20141223_161122.jpg
    20141223_161122.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 36
We did it two years ago. Ice sent a large maple branch through a roof guy was really desperate so we went lifted it out and tarped it for him. The hole went straight into his living roof and was around two feet wide.

Emergency work is one thing. Finishing an uncompleted job is another.

i gave myself a christmas bonus... im getting the **** out of town for 3 days!... gave the crew their xmas $ now im out of here... u bums have a great holiday...

Latest posts

Back