whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a guy call me from an estimate I gave four years ago. Wants to know if I'll honor the price I gave and if I can get it done this month. For some reason I don't think I'll be calling him back. We're booking work for next spring right now.

Had to make my wife some Halloween decorations from the Box Elder I dropped for the next door neighbor.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1443822332057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1443822332057.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 28
You guys must have a sweet market. I doubt many people around here are booked out for months and months. A little too much competition for all that. Gotta be sweet.

LOL, We stay booked all year and even know what jobs we will be on next year. Most of the medium to big company's here are booked months out.
Jeff

Next year! Im doing good to keep work booked for next week! Ahhh, the struggle of a small business. One day I hope to have the problems of one of you big established companies. Til then ill live like everyone else save what I can work when theres work, and pay the bills as they roll in. I guess thats just part of being the little guy. I can say that we have built quite a name for ourselves in the past couple months. Used to be the only calls we were getting were the big nasty jobs everyone else had already turned down, now word of mouth has gotten around enough we get a fair number of smaller jobs. Not near as much referral work as it was. It would seem as if my pompous wind bagged-ness is paying off.

Hey MDS seeing how you called me out on it a while ago what helmet would you suggest for me for climbing ...... BTW I've been a good boy are all my veggies at dinner tonight

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Next year! Im doing good to keep work booked for next week! Ahhh, the struggle of a small business. One day I hope to have the problems of one of you big established companies. Til then ill live like everyone else save what I can work when theres work, and pay the bills as they roll in. I guess thats just part of being the little guy. I can say that we have built quite a name for ourselves in the past couple months. Used to be the only calls we were getting were the big nasty jobs everyone else had already turned down, now word of mouth has gotten around enough we get a fair number of smaller jobs. Not near as much referral work as it was. It would seem as if my pompous wind bagged-ness is paying off.

People are amazingly stupid sometimes. Some of the best salesmen I've ever met didn't even realize themselves how full of **** they were.

Ive heard for years, if you cant dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull ****. Dont get me wrong I have done my research, and what I dont know Kevin will chime in and fill in my blank. When we are both stumped I admit defeat and call a certified arborist and dump the problem in their lap. I would rather refer it to someone capable and knowledgeable then lie and make a fool of myself, or have to make an insurance claim because im a dumb ***... Dont get me wrong, I am, but I try my best to keep it hidden anymore....

Hey MDS seeing how you called me out on it a while ago what helmet would you suggest for me for climbing ...... BTW I've been a good boy are all my veggies at dinner tonight

Im not MDS but I bought a cheap one from tree stuff when I got started it has saved my melon more times then i can count already. well worth the money and with tree stuff uber fast shipping.
http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=37&item=13427

I allreaddy have a saddle I don't like and want to replace next spring because It was a " good deal " along with a few other things that just sit in my gear bag looking pretty I don't want to add to the collection..... I want something that's comfy and works I'm not against spending money on gear I just don't like spending it on frivolous trinkets .. Know what I mean Vern

Haven't ordered from tree stuff yet but Sherrill's is pretty fast over here on the east coast wesspur and baillys is brutal to wait on

New tribe pro gear
http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=325&item=1789
best investment in comfort I made yet. When I can afford new kit for the sake of new kit, Im gonna try an onyx.
The helmet I find comfortable, Kevin wears a Stihl version with no chin strap, and some how manages to keep it on his head. The chin strap is a little annoying but i would imagine they all are.

I've found tree stuff to be more pricy than the others on alot but. the Pacific kevlar I'm eyeing they have priced right and I really should have their catalog .....

You guys must have a sweet market. I doubt many people around here are booked out for months and months. A little too much competition for all that. Gotta be sweet.

There's a lot of competition in my neck. So much that there is a human capital shortage in all companies. No one who can climb or run a bucket isn't already employed. At least I don't have equipment sittin idle because I can't find a crew willing to show up and run it. That's the worst.

Can't remember right now but I always compare them and Sherrill baillys even amazon basically I shop the heck out of everywhere I can think of put the best deal together sometimes it comes down to free shipping sometimes it's a bigger difference ... Baillys is good on chain been running their woodland pro all summer cutters choice is a close second with their laser brand but its not what it used to be ... I used to love laser now it's no better than anything else gear this spring was a porta wrap rigging rope deadeye sling whopie sling and a arborist block haven't bought anything recently

Back