what am i think'n?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da new feller

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i should be wear'n a name tag that says "please be patient, i'm new". but i don't think i've advanced that far yet. i've been looking around this whole site and i think maybe i've seen 2 or 3 brief posts about the 064. is this some kinda bastard reject saw that everyone besides me identifies and runs for their life to get away from them? am i wasting my time and energy with this thing? i see 044 then jumps to 066. i'm inviting someone to slap me around a little and let me in on what part of this i'm not getting. (unless of course your idea of a saw is poulon/craftsman/jonersdead/homelite, etc. . i think, i hope you see where i'm going with this, you got your own issues to iron out). i mean my 28, 290, 31av, 34av scream and would leave my ole lady before i gave up even 1 of them. i guess when i picked it up i thought it wood kinda be like my big block Z-28, no replacement for displacement. i think i'd feel the same about my camaro as i'm starting to think about that 64 if i popped open the hood 1 day and found a ford or mopar engine bolted to my frame.:cry:
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: (it's miss'n the vomit...lol)

I'm not sure if I quite understand what your wondering about. Are you asking if you bought a reject because you don't see much info on the 064?

The only other thing to add to gary's analogy is the current ms650 is/was a marketing flop imo and its not a hot seller. The 064 is an older model, but it was very popular in its day.

I have an 064 but I gotta replace the crank bearings. It is lighter than the 066 feels a little nimbeler has a much narrower feel. It was the precursor to the 066 if I have my history right. The 046/460 and the 066/660 kinda displaced it with power and weight differance. 046 almost as much power but lighter 066 more power but not that much heavier. With the 066 I have been draggin my feet on the 064 bearing replacement Ill get it done tho.

Sorry my friend, but not quite right - the 064 was notisably lighter than the 066 - that is not the case with the 650 vs the 660......:greenchainsaw:

Well when weight is the only factor one worries about... :rolleyes:

the 064 did not displace as much as the 066... juts like the 650 and the 660.

I have an 064 but I gotta replace the crank bearings. It is lighter than the 066 feels a little nimbeler has a much narrower feel. It was the precursor to the 066 if I have my history right. The 046/460 and the 066/660 kinda displaced it with power and weight differance. 046 almost as much power but lighter 066 more power but not that much heavier. With the 066 I have been draggin my feet on the 064 bearing replacement Ill get it done tho.

I would take an 046/460 over an 064/650 anyday too Brian.

Gary

Type in 064 in the search box

I found 650 posts when I typed 064 in the search box.Give it a try.

Back