What are you building with your milled wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple of my projects.

Crib - the first project ever done with wood I milled
Bed - first commissioned piece
Chessboard - This isn't really fair b/c I did not mill the wood but it was a fun project.
Desk - Basicly I just finished the slab and put a dovetail in it.

This one is really gorgeous. Is that burl of some sort for the base?

The other pieces are really nice too, btw.

Yep
That is maple burl. A friend of mine gave me several pieces that had been sitting around in his garage for 10 years. Good and Dry.
The other woods are King wood (vertial grain) and Ebony.
Here are a few other pics in progress for that project.

Terry,,,,Isnt like the work you all do....It's a start...I would love to make the things that I seen on here....Beautiful work.....I get so amazed what I seen....I ask myself can I do that,,,I think I can,,,I keep reading and will ask when I get stumped....
Things get settled down here I wanna have a milling GTG and have a fun day of it....Think that would be pretty cool....Damn rain,,so muddy I got stuck mowing the lawn.....I want a GTG here,,and enjoy and meet you all here in the area.......

There isnt much that you cant do if you have the right tools and the "want to". You are turning out some really nice stuff that will lead to more really nice stuff. Keep up the good work and remember that if you mess up it was just a piece of wood and we know how to get more of that.

Thanks Dusty. I have to admit I am more of a woodworker turned Chainsaw addict. I am trying to learn as much as I can on sawing and maintaining a saw though.

Same here. I was never really all that interested in chainsaws until I started milling my own lumber with them. Now I have as many chainsaws as I do woodworking tools.

Dustytools that is not too bad for your first bowl. Since getting my delta lathe, I have been attending a local turners club that meets once a month. I found that meeting with other turners has helped me under stand the concepts of design ect. and watch others turning techniques, besides it is a good place to exchange wood. The delta is a bit light and has a tendency to vibrate so be sure to mount it down solid. I bolted mine down to a steel frame. That chuck you have is a good addition to the lathe.

It's nice to see all the fine projects made out of your milled wood.My hat's off to all of you! Keep um coming!:clap:

Latest posts

Back