What are your firewood saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't matter. Scrounge wood...all good.

The best way to describe it is as a helix. It will blow out to the sides off topic every now and then but goes directly back to original topic of scrounging.

I find it very interesting to see other guys scores from different parts of the country. It's pretty cool. I think so any ways.

LOL. Wish I had a smart phone, some of my scrounges are nice.

Drag a camera with you and upload pictures. You don't need a smart phone. It's all fun.

You cannot tease us like that, that's awesome!!!

Except for those of us that are in the middle of predominately popple and pine (and occasional rotted Sugar Maple) that has nicely below sub zero temps for the winter.

Nice pics Ryan.
That's great your wife likes to get involved.
That saw looks tini inside that full wrap, but it's a nice one for sure.

It was a swell saw. When I miss it I go run my 036 and then I feel a little better.

My wife is a keeper, that's for sure. That picture is from a couple years ago. I honestly don't know if she's picked up a saw since then. She used to work for the nature conservancy and run saws on a regular basis. I think on this occasion she dropped that ash mostly to remind me that I'm not such hot $hit :).

I agree with svk, fair price, but it may not oil a bar over 16" very well. Also the "c" may mean it has the tool less bar/chain adjuster which many don't prefer, but I have no personal experience with.
I'm going to the "woods"(lol)today with the 2165. But I'm sure others will get ran as well, just not certain which ones yet, time will tell. The neighbors haven't had the pleasure of hearing the ported 044 in a couple weeks so that might be fun ;).View attachment 525269View attachment 525270
Kubota bucket?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I have a complete line up of Stihl saws. Most of my cutting is done with saws I'm testing after rebuilding them. So much of the time I'm not using the ideal saw, just using one that needs hours on it. I think I'm going to be gradually phasing out of the saw flipping hobby and just get my accumulation down to a sensible dozen saws or so, lol. (I'll have to get rid of about 50 to accomplish that)

I have a complete line up of Stihl saws. Most of my cutting is done with saws I'm testing after rebuilding them. So much of the time I'm not using the ideal saw, just using one that needs hours on it. I think I'm going to be gradually phasing out of the saw flipping hobby and just get my accumulation down to a sensible dozen saws or so, lol. (I'll have to get rid of about 50 to accomplish that)

If you need help when I comes time to downsize let me know ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son took the 260 that blew up on me to his shop today to tear it down to see what it needs. Gave a little pull on the recoil before he turned wrenches and a puff of air blew out the spark plug hole. The darn plug worked its way loose and that's all that is wrong with it. I guess the little pop I heard when I was using it was the plug popping out of the last thread. I only gave it a half pull and noticed no compression, figured it blew a hole in the piston and I set it aside and grabbed another saw.
I wonder what a local saw shop would have done with it? Rebuild or just clean up the thread and have a laugh about it? Anyhow I got that next to new 291C and I ain't letting it go for now.

My son took the 260 that blew up on me to his shop today to tear it down to see what it needs. Gave a little pull on the recoil before he turned wrenches and a puff of air blew out the spark plug hole. The darn plug worked its way loose and that's all that is wrong with it. I guess the little pop I heard when I was using it was the plug popping out of the last thread. I only gave it a half pull and noticed no compression, figured it blew a hole in the piston and I set it aside and grabbed another saw.
I wonder what a local saw shop would have done with it? Rebuild or just clean up the thread and have a laugh about it? Anyhow I got that next to new 291C and I ain't letting it go for now.
A few years ago, I had a saw, 026P, that wouldn't start. I took it to a dealer, I hadn't dealt with. The following day, I got a call letting me know the saw was only out of gas and ready for pickup, no charge.
Out of curiosity, I ran the saw dry and took it to two other dealers, with instructions to diagnose the problem and call me before making any repairs. One shop was honest and let me know it was out of gas. The other said the saw was shot and offered me $25 trade on a new saw. The shop that tried to take advantage of me was the one I'd dealt with in the past and had bought several pieces of equipment from. When confronted, the owner had no explanation. I haven't been back and bad mouth the guy to anyone who will listen.

A few years ago, I had a saw, 026P, that wouldn't start. I took it to a dealer, I hadn't dealt with. The following day, I got a call letting me know the saw was only out of gas and ready for pickup, no charge.
Out of curiosity, I ran the saw dry and took it to two other dealers, with instructions to diagnose the problem and call me before making any repairs. One shop was honest and let me know it was out of gas. The other said the saw was shot and offered me $25 trade on a new saw. The shop that tried to take advantage of me was the one I'd dealt with in the past and had bought several pieces of equipment from. When confronted, the owner had no explanation. I haven't been back and bad mouth the guy to anyone who will listen.
You sly devil. Love it!

Exact same thing happened to me (with a 260) one week ago today. I thought I toasted it. Described the symptoms (on another forum), and somebody said check to see if the spark plug rattled out. BAM, that was it.

I had the spark plug pop out of an MS660 once. It was a sickening feeling as I thought I blew it up. Was sure relieved to find the loose plug. Found that on a car engine once as well.

I changed the plugs in my 2000 Subaru, years ago. I was afraid of over-torquing them, and in doing so, must have gotten cylinder #3 too loose. It ran fine for about 3 hours, but then I pulled across an intersection, the engine started popping, misfiring, and just not running well at all. I thought I had blown it up, till I popped the hood and found the spark plug and wire laying on the inner fender.

Oops... :confused:

sure,,and without proof of selling of saws,,it aint happinin

Latest posts

Back