What chain on 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking for a 3/8 bar for my 346. I guess I'll get a dolmar bar. Either baileys doesn't have one or I'm to stupid to find it on the website. I'm leaning towards me. Mine does good with the .325 but I want to try the 3/8. Does anyone know where i can get an 8 pin for it.

Scott

Also using .325.

I have mine set up on a Husky 16" solid bar with roller tip running 21 LP.
It cuts just great!

Al :clap: :clap:

I have been looking for a 3/8 bar for my 346. I guess I'll get a dolmar bar. Either baileys doesn't have one or I'm to stupid to find it on the website. I'm leaning towards me. Mine does good with the .325 but I want to try the 3/8. Does anyone know where i can get an 8 pin for it.

Scott

You are pissing into the wind if you think that 346 is going to run a 3/8 chain with a 8 pin sprocket. the 346 is the 2nd best saw ever made, but it aint no miracle worker. If you wanted a saw to competently run an 8 pin 3/8 chain, you should have started with a 395 / 660

STK

Scott

Howdy,
With our new bar selector we were trying to get all of the stock set ups first. Then through time, modify to give all possible combinations. .375 x 7 drive rim on that saw isn't a problem. The problem with going to an 8 tooth is that there isn't a oil pump drive gear with a standard spline that'll fit a 346.

Howdy,
With our new bar selector we were trying to get all of the stock set ups first. Then through time, modify to give all possible combinations. .375 x 7 drive rim on that saw isn't a problem. The problem with going to an 8 tooth is that there isn't a oil pump drive gear with a standard spline that'll fit a 346.

That sure would be a problem, but I sure 3/8x8 would be too much anyway, so it is just as well!

Latest posts

Back