What chainsaw's did you use this weekend???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 440 was Brand new before I started cutting with it this weekend. The 064 looked like this at day's end....

IMG_5266.JPG

I reckon that's dirty enough. WDO

Don't you know your suppost to keep it out of the dirt!!! I'd rep you if I could!!

I had a chance to run the Shindy 575 I just put a new piston in today for a bit, really nice mid size saw. I put a 18" 3/8 Sugi Hara bar with some Carlton full chisel chain on it, cuts great. I guess I'll have to keep it till I can find a 577, or maybe a 680!;)
Mike

Solo 633, 346XP (buddy's), 395XP, 575XP. Went to start the Super XL and pulled the recoil rope out of the starter housing, dang long arms!

Too soggy to cut most place's around here this weekend.

I did run a coulple through the test log saturday, got the new cylinder put on the Dayton (245) and almost got it back together.

Ran saws most of the day today though, a Skill saw, jig saw, miter saw and table saw. Wife was on me to build that TV cabinet for the camper. Got it done, ready to stain and install. I hate woodworking.....

Only saw I ran all weekend was the MS180. Nothing but splitting wood this weekend and already that saw is becoming like my righthand man around the splitter. Cut to length, trim of branch stubs etc. Sit and idle forever and just sips the fuel.

Does the 180 have an adjustable carb?

Waiting for the frost to come up and the ground to dry off before I get back in gear with the saws. I remember last year about this time the old Farmall was buried in the muck twice trying to drag some rotted ash out of the grove. I've been mainly cleaning up the fallen trees and rotted trees to clear up the ground. I'll give it a couple weeks before I start cutting, wait at least until all the snow is melted. In the meantime, i'm just browsing for some more saws to add to the group, and tinkering with the old fleet to get them ready.

Ran the Homelite 400 for about 5 minutes on friday to cut up a couple of pieces the power line clearing crews left in my front yard...Then never left the house the rest of the weekend...:angry: :censored: flu...

I spent Monday through Friday behind either a MS460,a MS660 and for some weird reason I only climbed two trees all week so the 200t saw a little action..I try to stay far away from my saws on weekends.

Wide Variety

We had a GTG this weekend.............:rock:
You name it, it was there...........

Here is a little sample, from the early years..........
attachment.php

Here we are starting to get a little modern.............
attachment.php

And the modern years,,, Not enough room to list them individually.......
(had the whole trailer full on both sides)
attachment.php

attachment.php

If you are wondering about the ones that stick out in my mind....
A member had a Snellerized Husky 359.............this thing :rockn:

And the new Dolmar 7900..... I had the same reaction as everyone else... One word............:hmm3grin2orange:

my two boys and i. we ran echo 440 poulan 2375 solo 643 and 651. we managed to cut about 9 cord and got 5 split and stacked . started friday , had a great weekend. but a little sore tonight.

Ran my new-to-me 361 this weekend. Cut like a champ. I think I'll easily grow into liking that saw - wait I already did. It was a very satisfying day. Had the wife help me too :D We put a smaller one down, limbed it, and then bucked it into smaller sizes. Good campfire wood. Twas a great time. :greenchainsaw:

I ran,
Stihl's- 028 AVS, 090
Husky- 2100 CD
Jonsered-2159

I picked up a Redmax G310TS (30 cc top handle) at a flea market Saturday am, for $15.. Cleaned it up, filled the fluids, and it runs like a top. Sharpened it up and used it to cut up the top of a pine tree that had fallen.

Back