What chainsaw's did you use this weekend???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a little trigger

did a freebie help job. a single mother need some help cutting fire wood, so being in the need to play with my toys i over to play:greenchainsaw: the only toys use were the ms180 and my old 026 junk yard dog and my jd cs 81 for showing off. she could not believe the ms 180 would cut rock hard :censored::censored: juniper:jawdrop: the 026 rattle out one the muffler screws so i switched to th jd cs 81. the gals daughter said she wants to grow up and use chain sawz :jawdrop: i mean this kid was not even scared of the noise of the saw, it made her want run the saw:dizzy: but it was great to be able to help some one less fortunate then me:)
:popcorn:

I used my 066 and my 044>046BB conversion. Had to do some tree pruning in the yard.

Now why is it that I always get so carried away. I had to fight the urge to start felling trees, it would have been soo much FUN!!...lol!:greenchainsaw:

Hello to all,
This is my first time posting. I have been a member for awhile and would like to say Hi to everybody. I spent this Saturday bucking a big half dead oak with my new 395XP and my MS440. I was always a Stihl fan but I could not resist the power of the Husky. The 395xp a 36" bar and a skip chain and the 440 has a 25" bar. I only have about four tanks through the Husky now and it seems to get snappier with every one. I'm going to try and post some pictures.View attachment 93035

Cleaned up winter drops around the Barns and house with the 250, and finally got around to murdering a couple renegade Sassafrass tree's that have been needing killing with the 372.

Anyone else ever notice that Sassafrass kinda "Screams" a little just before they drop? :D

Gonna murder some Black Walnut and Elm tomorrow...er.. today.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

last weekend

Tree job involving 10 larger Oak, Sassafras, Locust, and one cherry. My 660 mag. with a 25" bar did the job while I incorporated a 20K Braden winch to nudge the wood in the right direction (near house and out buildings). Had a 61 Husky ready for backup. The 029, 192, and 200 never came out of the truck.
Seems like Spring is finally here in SE PA. Saturday anyway.

I used the ms460. I had a rotted out maple and wanted to get it cut down before spring storms. easy work with the 460. Put my brother to work with the portable grinder
stuff104.jpg

Used my new JD cs56, aka: Efco 156. Got it on Friday and just had to hear it go so I cut up a bunch of railroad ties we have up here at work.

Ran a Stihl 026 the most. Dropped a tree with the 036. Cut up a log with my new (to me) 066. This was the first cutting I did since last October.

I ran the log wizard/455 over a few big pecan rounds I am going to use for BBQin'. Bark is no good for cooking.

I used the 390xp to block up a few of big rounds, and ran the 346 a little just trying to get it run in. I really like it so far.

Used the mighty 361. Not for long as my sled hauler driver got stuck and then pulled a muscle trying to get the sled out. Shame cause it was a nice day!

3-15-09028.jpg

3-15-09030.jpg

used the 670 for the last time before it went to it's new home. and patiently
waiting for the 372 to arrive. wood like to have used the 920 but sadly the recoil is broken and i have to find a new one.

Filed the chains on the Dolmar, Husky. Got the little red one out to trim a few low hanging limbs and flush cut some small stumps. Had the little booger in the dirt more than not.

Been on the night shift all weekend, but I have tommorow off. I'll be firing up the 880 and bucking some big wood tommorow afternoon. Might get the 066 out also for some smaller stuff too :chainsaw:

Rained here all weekend...

Ended up cleaning everything up,,,touch up the chains,and was ready for this morning,,and guess what,,rain again,,all day long...
Now they are sayin the next 2 days is suppose to be pretty in the 60's then 70's and I have to go to work tonight...Figures...

I used my 5100 S and 029 and cut a couple loads of oak. The Pro Mac 610 wouldn't start so chucked it for distance instead. I wonder if I filed the bar and put an edge on it if it would make a good axe. :clap:

Latest posts

Back