What Chainsaws do you want Santa to bring you for Christmas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll see if I can find one. Nothing right now on e-bay for a MT#3 taper.

The shank changes (on almost all models .. so check)... I converted mine from 3/4 inch straight to MT2 and 3. Unscrew the chuck middle, punch out the "wrong" shank, and insert new. Oh, yes, email me if you want to do this - I made the special hoder tools

Last edited:
Dear Santa,

I don't need much but if you happen to have a basket-case O8s hiding in your reindeer shed please consider me as a donee, I have bin good all year, mostly, nothin' worth coal in me sox......................... :angel: :angel:

:cheers:

Serge

I'm being realistic here, I want my dad's 10 year old Poulan 2375 Wild Thing. It only has ~30 hours on it, and 25 or so of them are from me using it. He hasn't even picked it up since he bought his electric. He doesn't need a chainsaw at all really, he bought the 2375 when we had a willow come down in the yard. My uncle use to cut them down, but he had moved away to Florida and so that wasn't an option. It ran like crap after dad used it, but that was because it was tuned WAY too lean. He didn't know how to fix it, I tuned it up and ran 25 hours on it and it runs perfect. Anyway, it isn't being used and dad has talked about giving it to me, I'd love to have it for christmas.

Oh, and my grandfather just gave me his 1954 John Deere 40. Merry christmas to me!

If money was no object, and they were available, what chainsaw or chainsaws would you want Santa to bring you???

Me? First on my list is a fully Lakerized (ported, muffler mod, turbocharged) Stihl MS 361. And then a new stock Dolmar PS7900, and a sweet pair: the new Dolmar PS350 and PS420. Then an MS880 for showing off in the shop, and a MS 441 to fell bigger trees with I suppose. And then lets see, I guess an MS 260 Pro cause my brother has the 026 that I had, and a fully Woods modded MS 460 for ripping larger stuff with. And then a hotsaw for playing with when I am bored with all the other saws, and to take to logging shows. Then of course I will need a fully stocked chainsaw shop full of parts to keep all this stuff running and in bars and chains. And a gas station to run them all on, and a lifetime supply of oil mix, spark plugs and bar oil. And a massage therapist to keep me in shape after all the chainsawing. And a chef to keep me fed out in the woods. And a portable hot tub for after-cutting relaxation, and a refrigerated truck full of beer. Oh, and a herem of chainsaw cheerleaders to rave about my cutting skills, and for playing in the hot tub after chainsawing.

I think that will cover it... how about you guys? :greenchainsaw:

One of every thing. and a complete shope with all the tools. Several rolls of assorted chain, and lots of trees to cut, and an ulimited ammount of time to do it. In other words heaven would be spending every day in the woods working for all of eternity without having to worry about any thing like making a living. Just doing what you like, when you like at your own pace.

Since Santa can't afford what I really want, a CH3120 or a MVP088, I guess I will settle for the MVP166. ;)

Copyof166Dolmar006.jpg

Copyof166Dolmar001.jpg

Well I want a Dolmar 7900. I like to be different that's my style. So that is the gift to myself. I have No dealer support here so it's going to be over the phone. but I have confidence it will be a fine saw. The only thing I will have to get used to is that angled handle bar:laugh:

would have liked a new 346 XP NE and a 372 XP so my 357 XP could be the overlooked middle child!

Latest posts

Back