What do you guys pay for crane rental?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't done it yet but looking forward to it. I have been doing a lot of research on it. Found a great pic on tying in to the crane can'nt remember were from but would love to share.View attachment 196633crap how do I display the pic in the Text?

Last edited:
There was a crane o our jobsite on monday that charges 30,000 to bring in and 30,000 to haul out and 1,000 an hourly rate! Manituwok 660 ton

I've yet to use a crane for tree work, but would like to.

I was at a "job" (not tree related) last weekend where we were using four cranes, two were in the 500 ton area and when I asked the operator "how much", he told me the $30 thousand in and 30 out with the high hourly rate. I almost choked. But I guess when the crane costs $7.5 mil (what I was told) I guess it has to be paid for somehow.

I was wondering if any of you use cranes out there and what you pay for renting them. I've been in the biz for over 10 yrs and have never used one, but last week I gave it a shot and am loving it and can't wait to use one again. I can't believe the wear and tear I saved on my body and equipment. I was impressed on the time I saved also. Just want a little info. Thanks.

$110/ hr shop to shop for 22 ton. $1,500 day for 100 ton

In our buisness we use cranes almost every day and we have a few of our own, so it definately makes cuttin trees down a heck of a lot easier. But all of those hourly rates are pretty close to what I see most of the time. There was a crane o our jobsite on monday that charges 30,000 to bring in and 30,000 to haul out and 1,000 an hourly rate! Manituwok 660 ton

What the F were u using a 660 for?

That's a biggie! Glad you made it back safe and sound from up north! I felled a maple for Steve 2 weeks ago, he said you went up past Thunder Bay

That crane & the others were from the tornado that hit Geraldton. Steve was deployed with us on that one. He told me about the trees you did for him. I've had a busy summer. I'll pm (or email you) sometime this week.

I was wondering if any of you use cranes out there and what you pay for renting them. I've been in the biz for over 10 yrs and have never used one, but last week I gave it a shot and am loving it and can't wait to use one again. I can't believe the wear and tear I saved on my body and equipment. I was impressed on the time I saved also. Just want a little info. Thanks.
I dont own one but use one company they are about 1100. for an 8hr.day. Thats in De. and S.E. Pa.

south side crane are the best guys around my area for tree work, 30 ton i believe is what they usually bring and 250$ for the first half hour and 160$ per hour after
theres a couple guys cheaper but most guys i know dont care, we all know cheaper doesnt mean better

I pay $120 p/hr with a $120 delivery fee, 20ton I think...

Oh yes, the saving on wear and tear, just wind your finger in a circle and UP you go!
You HAVE to have a good operator, your life is in his hands, the guy I use is phenomenal, smooth like butter...

Back