What do you think Husqvarna's best saw is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 359 and 385xp really shouldn't be on your list, when the 357xp and 390xp exist?????? :confused:
:givebeer:

Another thing, am I wrong that you just got a new Zama for a 346xp sent up there - or did I guess right? :cheers:

I sorta agree Sawtroll. The 357 is hard to beat, but I haven't tried the 390, but I heard it won't beat a good 385.
John

Last edited:
The 61 Rancher, a do all saw and a 272XP. Those are my two favorites. I sold my 272, and missed it- so I bought another. Ahh CAD...

Oh now Jacob, we kept the Stihl thread clean.:mad:

I'll try not to take that personal :chainsaw:

lol, I own more Huskies than I do Stihls. For years my favorite saw was the 372XP, but now I think it's the 390XPW. The 395 is one bad mutha though, especially when built up. It's got that classic two-stroke growl like the dirt bikes of the '70's.

Model 1600 in .358 Norma Magnum:chainsaw::chainsaw:

Oh saws! 2100 is the only Husky saw I ever wanted.

I would prefere a Danish Schutz & Larsen in .358NM (basically the same design as the "original" Whetherby Magnum ones, they were made by S&L). :)

The .358NM had a shorter and lighter case though.

Last edited:
lol, I own more Huskies than I do Stihls. For years my favorite saw was the 372XP, but now I think it's the 390XPW. The 395 is one bad mutha though, especially when built up. It's got that classic two-stroke growl like the dirt bikes of the '70's.

It's cool mate. I know what your up to, lol. All in fun. Shame too many people take it so seriously.
Yeah the 385 in our hardwood was a bit tame, but with the very mild port on it ATM is a very welcome effort.
Dirt bikes of the 70's? Wish I still had that Maico MC250.
The 2stroke that put the biggest smile on my face was my 86 KX500 enduroized. Man that thing idling on the side stand used to intimidate a lot of riders, lol.
Yeah well the 100cc barrel is giving me a little headache with the timing no's.
Not sure which way to go with it.

Yup, agree with JJ I do!! 372 is great, probably the first saw I pick up, I love the 395, especially like JJ said, it sounds wicked ported, with lots of compression. I've had people comment on it asking why it sounds so different then any other saw, best sounding saw I own.

well i can only speak for the ones ive used. the 372 is awesome ive used it once and wow holy crap. I love my 338 xp. love my 340 in the tree and on the ground. Dads 455 rancher on the other hand its great for the first 20-30 minutes till its starts getting heavy. had an older stihl top handle but didn't like it as much as my 338. i have used a 361 and ended picking up my 340 after a few minutes. I guess that i just like the huskys more the those one that beg to be stolen. stihl me lol.

I like the 385 or 390 the best they just seem so right. The 395 is nice too it cuts real well in bigger hard woods and idont mind the design at all. yes i have stihls to but i like husky the best.The 576 is a smooth runing saw thats all i really know about that saw.

I would prefere a Danish Schutz & Larsen in .358NM (basically the same design as the "original" Whetherby Magnum ones, they were made by S&L). :)
QUOTE]

On this we can agree for sure. I have one exactly as you mention. I'm a big fan of the .35 bore, the NM is a bad a$$ and with it in the S&L package, it's been great moose/bear medicine.

I like the 385 or 390 the best they just seem so right. The 395 is nice too it cuts real well in bigger hard woods and idont mind the design at all. yes i have stihls to but i like husky the best.The 576 is a smooth runing saw thats all i really know about that saw.

I agree! The 385xp is just right for me when cutting large wood, 30-36"
with 28" bar. When the wood gets smaller, the I usually use one of my 2 4000 Poulans, with 20&24" bars. But, in large trees the 385 is the right tool for job.
If I didn't do any milling, I would probably say the 372 would be best.

Funny thing, when I first got the 385, it had 24" bar. I was kinda dissapointed at first, guess I was expecting night & day difference in performance over my trusty 64cc Poulans. but it wasn't there.
After running many tanks of fuel through it, getting well broke-in and using larger bar. There is a Big difference now! Someday when $$ & guts come together, I might have one of the fine fellas on this site do a port job on it.:clap:

Its a great saw stock, in my opinion though.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Out of the few Husqvarna's I've had the pleasure of running my 372xpw still puts the biggest grin on my face.:bowdown:

attachment.php
Ported NE346XP,ported 371XP:cheers:

372 puts a smile on my face just about every time I run it. Its a very good running saw and just eats up the oaks that I feed it.
The 3125 is a beast! Started it up the other day for the first time in a while. It has just scary power and weight to boot. Haven't put it to any wood like I should, but I won't be carrying it anytime soon in the woods. I can't imagine the guys that would bring saws out day after day that weight much more than these.
Reading about the 390, wish it had a decomp (hey I'm a lightweight). I'll get a 90cc at some point very soon.

Latest posts

Back