What elevation do you live and cut at?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm live at 964 feet elevation. I try to make my cuts at 966 feet elevation.

Joat

Last edited:
830' ASL at ground level, 860' if I'm standing on top of the ladder.

Do you think it would help to adjust the carburetor on my 2050 Jonsered or 935 Olympyk for the added elevation of the ladder? They both seem to run fine on the ground but are much more freightening on top of the ladder.

Mark

Take the filters off--it'll let in more air:D

Casey

I'm with you. I have muffler mod's on the 026/260's and on my 361, they cut great at 6,000 to 7,200 and sometimes higher. Just use good fuel/oil mixture and keep the carb tweeked. My friends have 036/360's with muffler mods and they cut just great at these elevations. And a friend has an 046 and 066 that runs super. We and our saws just get used to the elevation; no big deal. :cheers:

Tom, our Cloudcroft competition is this Saturday, Any chance you will make it?

According to GPS, 9286 feet from the top of my log stand in the back yard.

:jawdrop: Geez Loiuse, the highest mountain on this island/continent is only 2228m/7310ft.

I'm at around 460m/1500ft ASL in the bottom of the valley here, with the ridges and peaks surrounding us in the 1000m/3300ft mark

I live at 2500 ft which is why it gets so cold here! The highest I cut at is probably 3000 ft and I cut at sea level. That's where I cut the petrified kiawe, when combined with the lava rock and dust it becomes a dirty job.

Aw man! I just got back from Ouahu, I should have paid more attention. I could have got in touch with you. I've always wanted to run a saw at sea level.
My house is at about 8700' and most of my cutting is between 7 and 9000'.

Andy

Romeo, we will not make it; sorry. We are working on our house to get it ready for sale. Hope to move to Las Cruces in the near future. Hope you guys have a great time. Will be interested in you posting the results on the forum. Tom

Never gave it much thought I will have to find my gps!
I have cut near 2800' here I will have to check the mountains
height to be certain but slope wow canyon like! Have roped
in and repelled down cliffs over roads to cut brush kinda fun
but definately hard work!

Lowwwww

Usually at around 1500' ASL. This year I'm cutting at like 200' ASL as of recently. I don't notice any difference in power at all... Only thing I've noticed lately is that they are running a little lean, so I need to re-tune a bit richer oddly enough... Isn't that bass ackwards???

:popcorn: :cheers: eh?

Back