What is the acceptable warm up time of a 550xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to dwell on it, but what are the symptoms of bad vent? lack of fuel - stall? And is this vent in the cap or is it a tube that attaches to the tank?

Yes fuel starvation is the symptom. It's located in the side of the tank and is replaceable without having to swap the entire tank if you wanted to swap it for the heck of it. You have to separate the tank from the crankcase slightly in order to access it.

I gather it's not as noticeable TK as it would be on a normal saw as the AT would try to compensate?

I don't think the AT could really compensate. If the carburetor is physically being starved for fuel, richening the mixture won't do anything.

Yes fuel starvation is the symptom. It's located in the side of the tank and is replaceable without having to swap the entire tank if you wanted to swap it for the heck of it. You have to separate the tank from the crankcase slightly in order to access it.

nope,changed the vent without removing anything only a "long nose pliers"(if this is the correct name).

I don't think the AT could really compensate. If the carburetor is physically being starved for fuel, richening the mixture won't do anything.

No worries. I thought it may be a simple case of fuel not keeping up, not the fuel supply stopping completely.

No worries. I thought it may be a simple case of fuel not keeping up, not the fuel supply stopping completely.

It may not stop completely, but if supply is reduced there's no way to compensate. An air leak on the other hand is something it can sometimes handle because fuel supply is fully there.

nope,changed the vent without removing anything only a "long nose pliers"(if this is the correct name).

That's good info, I haven't had any show up that have needed it yet. Looked to me to be easier to pop the tank a little.

great to know, thanks might hit you up again for more info on the process after I look at it, I am going to ask dealer to get this for me, hopefully he can, I do have issues with this saw when starting that appear to be starving for fuel.

Update:

Contacted my dealer about this vent issue/TSB for my 550xp (serial number shows 21st week production - I purchased it around October)- I gave him my serial number and he was informed by Husqvarna that there was a TSB and it would require an ignition module and new tank. I am going to bring it in - just thought I would add this to this thread.

I was surprised by the ignition module replacement - I have on occasion, when cold, what appears to be a fuel starvation issue - dies and takes a light feathering to keep running. I am happy I will get this resolved - I would add that my dealer and Husqvarna get high marks for service so far.

Back