What is the acceptable warm up time of a 550xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, hypothetical situation but
Clogged up air filter falls under negligence. Do you charge him for it? Maybe, maybe not. Either way should you explain to said customer the ill efects this can have on the engine and that his negligence and failure/damage caused by it is NOT covered under warranty. Probably/yes. This scenario should be common sense but unfortunately that is hard to come by these days. People like this need their hand held and its a pain in the behind but these are also the people that will come back to you religiously and be your best advertisement in the long run. They don't know or understand so you take a minute to explain and help them understand and in turn you are the best thing since sliced bread.

Not arguing with ya, just sayin.

I agree 100%.

Its a simple 2 stoke chainsaw, warranty is very easy to figure out, and the warranty policy is easy to read, just nobody reads it.

Out of all the "warranty" work I do about less than 1% is legit warranty, the rest is goodwill for true customers and an lil for the whinning consumer that is if dont get them out of the shop there will be fists a flying.

Did you order any of the new 600 series AT saws? with the 49" light sabre bars, my rep said they were the shizzles

Have fun, thats bad when your tech guy and rep dont have a clue.

That saw is just as fictional as the T540.

Its not nice to pick on a guy that can't read.

Did you order any of the new 600 series AT saws? with the 49" light sabre bars, my rep said they were the shizzles

Have fun, thats bad when your tech guy and rep dont have a clue.

Log into the mother orange site and go the the At section, apart from clearly stating on the first page.........576/570 Gen1 non Compatible..............
Downloads for 545/550/555/560/562.

576/570At you do it the old way basic function test and flashing with 18V, and most importantly like all saws basic troubleshooting.

What did Mr. Bill say? "Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Actually, I'll bet the number one reason saws fail is poor fuel mixture - and that's major mechanical failure. Having a feedback fuel system makes that less likely.

Agree 100%.
I have been a logger for 25 years and like to think I treat a saw the way it is supposed to be treated. I have not had a major saw failure since my 262XP broke a crank in '96 or '97. I once had a 254XP I bought in '98 that I ran 5 days a week for two years that never saw the inside of a shop. That saw still runs today.
Like the starting issues with AT I believe almost all engine failures result from the 'user'.

Even in a warranty situation?

I have no problem at all with your business plan. But I would have a problem paying for diagnosing a problem on a saw under warranty

He was referring to a saw not under warranty.

Warranty isn't known until the saw has been diagnosed anyway in this situation. I'm not getting into my business as I make decisions case by case, saw by saw.

Hmm is this something I can get from my dealer? Why am I afraid to ask?

Why not? It is a modification that was send by husqvarna itself to the dealers.(atleast in Belgim)Not sure what the modif would cure but anyway,

just changed the vent and vacuum tested with the new vent and there is a noticable difference,didnt started the saw yet.

The old vent seems to "wait" until it reaches a certain amount of vacuum,the new vent seems to work immediatly.

rgds,
Jan

Sat down this afternoon to set MYSELF straight on all the new goings on. After two calls into Tech for for navigation help, I may have a handle on the new system. Husky sure doesn't put things where you'd think they would that is for sure.

Updated several micro's trying out the new diagnostic software. Much easier to use, that is for certain. Most importantly, I found that unless you verify things for yourself, you may go through life being misinformed.

Made a huge difference in how long to warm up, hardly no time at all now. And the throttle response improved where there is no hesitation now.. Big difference, worked for me, backed the screw out 1/4 turn turn....Saw now is a dream too run..... Brad you were so right...

I only can confirm this,adjusted with 1/8 turn out,i was really amazed with the result.

rgds
Jan

Why not? It is a modification that was send by husqvarna itself to the dealers.(atleast in Belgim)Not sure what the modif would cure but anyway,

just changed the vent and vacuum tested with the new vent and there is a noticable difference,didnt started the saw yet.

The old vent seems to "wait" until it reaches a certain amount of vacuum,the new vent seems to work immediatly.

rgds,
Jan

The vent in question has been used for the past 4 or 5 years, there have been some issues with them over time, mainly due to one climate. Production of the 550 fuel tank was halter in about week 40 something 2012 due to venting problems with the tank. Production has restarted and no new parts or changes have been introduced, most likely a just a bad batch of tank vents. There is a SB with respect to this also, and once again no biggie.

The vent in question has been used for the past 4 or 5 years, there have been some issues with them over time, mainly due to one climate. Production of the 550 fuel tank was halter in about week 40 something 2012 due to venting problems with the tank. Production has restarted and no new parts or changes have been introduced, most likely a just a bad batch of tank vents. There is a SB with respect to this also, and once again no biggie.

Must have been a bad batch of something as the part number for the vent still being used is the same. Can't imagine why they issued new tanks though unless there was some sort of passage error to the vent.

I'd have to check the serial on my 550 but it's the first one that came through my doors on the first order I placed the day they were released in the system, so it's not a newer model by any means. Haven't had even a hint of a problem except a slight hard start but that went away even before I adjusted the carb.

Must have been a bad batch of something as the part number for the vent still being used is the same. Can't imagine why they issued new tanks though unless there was some sort of passage error to the vent.

I'd have to check the serial on my 550 but it's the first one that came through my doors on the first order I placed the day they were released in the system, so it's not a newer model by any means. Haven't had even a hint of a problem except a slight hard start but that went away even before I adjusted the carb.

Tom,

Just a bad bunch of vents, once the issue was figured out. The issuing of new tank PNC's is to help track quality control, no change was made. That bar code, pnc and serial number mean alot to the train drivers (engineers) and the means of tracing production runs.

Tom,

Just a bad bunch of vents, once the issue was figured out. The issuing of new tank PNC's is to help track quality control, no change was made. That bar code, pnc and serial number mean alot to the train drivers (engineers) and the means of tracing production runs.

Gotcha. Glad somebody has that covered LOL Hopefully 20 years from now I'll have a little more insight in these matters.

Thanks for the info,and indeed not a big issue.

Ok, to be straight, should I bring this up to my dealer - and see if they need/would do anything? - I did purchase mine around that time in 2012, or perhaps somebody here would be able to tell me if I have a problematic tank vent from my serial number?

Last edited:
The only way to know if you have a problematic vent is if you have a problematic vent. Not every machine between x and y was bad.

...interesting how this "information age" thing works....
(track down that [aprx 2mm], small "D" walbro tool and you'll see one example)

Hopefully someone can get photos of later versions of the carb.

Would be curious to see if that comp screw gets turned into
a removable but "fixed size" jet
or something burried under a pressed in ball.

and mercy sakes, that carb body looks delicate on the outlet side.
almost looked like a bad molding flash.
does it seal well or flow any better as a result of that?

The only way to know if you have a problematic vent is if you have a problematic vent. Not every machine between x and y was bad.

sorry to dwell on it, but what are the symptoms of bad vent? lack of fuel - stall? And is this vent in the cap or is it a tube that attaches to the tank?

Latest posts

Back