What is your favorite climbing tool ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has been waiting along time for some action!
My favorite.......................drum roll...........................................My hanky

Love wiping my shades clear

Camming devices, Ascentree, Pantins, mini ascender on lanyard.

Wraptor is way cool but IT is doing the climbing (til you send it down).

Of all of the mechanical devices that I play around with the ART Positioner has the greatest impact over simpler methods.

My silky handsaw, acts as and extension of my arm, grab stuff with free a pinched saw, cut your line in case something crazy happens. never leave the ground with out it,

My saddle a close second though all of the above is impossible with the saddle

Top three

#1 My Gecko Climbers - Comfortable and Light
#2 Light & Comfy Sadle
#3 MS200T

everything else is just THERE for whatever is needed.

Good Boots

Good boots are essential but I also have climbed with sneakers when I left my boots home one day.

You climb and cut a tree down with the Top Three.

Which item/tool would you feel handicapped without?

Rope. Can't get in the big ones with out it. Everyone knows that.

Not everyone knows you're handicapped without the two essential essentials: keen senses and a heavy duty physique. :msp_wink:

My climbing tool tub.....one tool that has all my favorite tools in it....hitch climber pulley,pantin,rope grabs,amsteel loopies and whoopie slings,ascenders,decenders,silky zubat,retrievers,adjustable friction saver, all hell just about everything in that tub is a favorite of mine...if I had to pick one that has most impact to me personally would be my hitch climber but u need a eye iced rope to really compliment it.

Bigshot, throwline cube and my ascenders.

Those are the things that I get asked about mostly on the job. Had a climber from the big orange working on line clearance on the street I was working a couple of weeks ago. He had never seen a bigshot and had never seen anyone climb a rope with ascenders.

I have a climbing tub too (and a rigging tub as well). I keep all of my climbing gear in that tub. I can't really say anything is my favorite as they are all just tools to do the job but the bigshot, throwline and ascenders prolly save me more time and effort than anything else I use.

Rope. Can't get in the big ones with out it. Everyone knows that.

Not everyone knows you're handicapped without the two essential essentials: keen senses and a heavy duty physique. :msp_wink:
Not everyone! I have wrestled my way up many large and limbless trees with just a flip line and leg irons. Pants and a shirt of course and good boots too. But no rope. I know sounds crazy but hey gotta get off that titty someday.

Bigshot, throwline cube and my ascenders.

Those are the things that I get asked about mostly on the job. Had a climber from the big orange working on line clearance on the street I was working a couple of weeks ago. He had never seen a bigshot and had never seen anyone climb a rope with ascenders.

I have a climbing tub too (and a rigging tub as well). I keep all of my climbing gear in that tub. I can't really say anything is my favorite as they are all just tools to do the job but the bigshot, throwline and ascenders prolly save me more time and effort than anything else I use.
Dude the big shot is the bomb baby. Word up on dat. That is a major time saver. Hell even the lead bag and skinny line has come in real handy for the short trees that need some pullin'.

Latest posts

Back