• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What just happened to the 044 thread?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Insured or not, since that can take awhile for results he should make it right now. If by some slim chance the claim pays then he will be reimbursed. The fact is you did not get what you wanted and should get your money back or a satisfactory outcome. I know at least one other guy isn't happy with a deal with redneck saw besides oldsawnut and myself. I bought a 460 parts saw. I asked if the tank was good. He said it all looks good. Missing parts but good tank and bottom end with a cyl with some transfer. I got a 440 with a lot of epoxy on the bottom of tank, a scored cyl and bottom end with bad bearings and crank. I don't expect anything and didn't even bother to say anything but with these other people having issues I think everyone should know.
On a good note. I got to run my tree monkey 880 the other day with 41" bar in red oak and buried in maple and am amazed. Went from being careful to not stall the chain to pulling at about 12k in the cut. Night and day difference.

Unfortunately, morally reprehensible junk peddlers, though in the minority, are still prevalent here. It is my opinion that they[the junk peddlers] need to be outed sooner, rather than later.
I know that sometimes issues with items can legitimately be missed by sellers, and that is going to happen on occasion, but it's the shifty seller, the one that purposely omits very obvious flaws, or broken/ nonworking items, that takes pictures that purposely mislead. That is whom I refer to as a "junk peddler".
There have been a few such nefarious bastards here this year, and the only thing that has stopped them, is decent folks casting a bright light upon their deceitful actions.

Keep turning on the lights, and making the roaches scurry.

Who you callin a "Junk peddler"
343214.jpg

Unfortunately, morally reprehensible junk peddlers, though in the minority, are still prevalent here. It is my opinion that they[the junk peddlers] need to be outed sooner, rather than later.
I know that sometimes issues with items can legitimately be missed by sellers, and that is going to happen on occasion, but it's the shifty seller, the one that purposely omits very obvious flaws, or broken/ nonworking items, that takes pictures that purposely mislead. That is whom I refer to as a "junk peddler".
There have been a few such nefarious bastards here this year, and the only thing that has stopped them, is decent folks casting a bright light upon their deceitful actions.

Keep turning on the lights, and making the roaches scurry.
Jonathan is the only member here that I have to look up word definitions to grasp the full meaning of what he says.:bowdown:

Um, Can you "dumb it down" for us normal folks? :D:rock::laugh:

ne·far·i·ous
nəˈferēəs/
adjective
  1. (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.
    "the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates"
    synonyms: wicked, evil, sinful, iniquitous, egregious, heinous, atrocious, vile, foul, abominable, odious, depraved, monstrous, fiendish, diabolical, unspeakable, despicable; More

I have a habit of "outing" folks that put the screws to folks on saw deals. I have no intention of stopping either.

In this ol life I have had to work very hard for what little I have........and I respect that other men have had to earn their money too. As a group, we need to be vigilant and forthcoming anytime we see one of our own getting taken.

I've seen a lot of modded saws that were complete garbage........and I've fixed a hell of a lot of them too. The owners of these saws almost without exception will not say a word about the ****** deal they got from the persons that modded their saws. They are afraid they will be tarred and feathered for saying something about a "respected" member of this site.

I'm pretty sick of seeing this.......but it's not my place to speak up. I do have a tough time staying quiet though.

I have a habit of "outing" folks that put the screws to folks on saw deals. I have no intention of stopping either.

In this ol life I have had to work very hard for what little I have........and I respect that other men have had to earn their money too. As a group, we need to be vigilant and forthcoming anytime we see one of our own getting taken.

I've seen a lot of modded saws that were complete garbage........and I've fixed a hell of a lot of them too. The owners of these saws almost without exception will not say a word about the ****** deal they got from the persons that modded their saws. They are afraid they will be tarred and feathered for saying something about a "respected" member of this site.

I'm pretty sick of seeing this.......but it's not my place to speak up. I do have a tough time staying quiet though.

Disagree. It is our duty to speak up and bring this stuff to light. I didn't know OSN (John) before this thing went down. Don't know if I ever liked one of his post, had never spoken to him- but still felt obligated to show support to him thru this debacle. We were "post deep" in our private conversation before I ever knew his name. And now we are friends. We have to look out for our "own" here. "The boundary of tolerance is decency."

I concur fully

Is that a derail attempt jonathan? Stay on task!:lol:

Let's just keep this thread at the top until there is a resolution so fire away fellers.

hell Im trying to sell a 362cmr and Im bumping this thread more than it.:laugh:

Steven,

Muh feelings are kind of hurt. You've known me long enough, and you know me well enough that you should be able to recognize a true derail attempt.;)

images.jpg

I can't post up when the person who the saw belongs to asks me to keep it to myself Steven. I have to respect the wishes of the guys I work for. That's one thing I take very seriously.

True. I was speaking of "Member to Member", you're case is completely different if your working on someone else's saws. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back