what kinda vehicle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
97 F250 w/ PowerStroke, extended cab, 2WD, long bed

Got it used over 1 year ago with 110k. Love the power and so fare the reliability has been great. Got 20mpg on a recent trip from TX to TN, which I thought was pretty cool......

Just got this one in August. 2000 Chevy S-10 ZR-2
attachment.php

Nissan pathfinder 4wd, gets about 30mpg but is pretty light on the power side but it will get me almost anywhere and I have yet to kill it.
Looking at the size of your vehicles, what would happen to the US if it started paying the same as everyone else for Gas?

The price of gas is supposed to be going up as much as $0.40 / gal as of New Year's Day. Some new additive they are putting into the gas because of emissions. A friend of mine went into Katonah last week to get gas for his car. Granted the place is not the cheapest around... but he paid $2.50 / gal for 94 or 93 octane.

95 F-250, 351 on gas. Haven't modified it yet, got some plans, need some money... only had it for a week and a half, mileage looks about 15 mpg. This pic is with 3500 pounds of stumps and rootballs of dead western red cedars at the dump just prior to unloading.

price of fuel locally is 69 cents a liter to about 80 cents a liter depending on the time of day. that is about $2.62 to $3.04 a gallon , yes thats for regular.

My work truck is:
'96 Dodge 3500 4X2 Cummins diesel, 4 inch exhaust from turbo back, HX40 turbo cleaned up and balanced by Bell Turbo, 370 hp marine injectors, modified fuel plate from TST, 3000 rpm governor springs, complete performance trans and triple disk torque converter from ATS, exhaust temp, tranny temp and boost gauges, along with 2 electronic controllers to dial in torque converter lockup and OD speeds. Running about 355 hp and 875 lbs of torque.

Family vehicle is a 2000 Lexus LX470, although I did use it tow the stump grinder a few times.

90 c 20 Chevy with 1 ton springs , with Reading service body

Front boxes carry mechanics tools and acessories for on the job mickey mouse repairs.

Side boxes one side climbing and rigging gear, other side is my personal saws and tools for sharpening chains.

Rear boxes have gas mix and spare bar oil and misc. junk when I do stump grinding. This truck also pulls our stump grinders.

Don't ever buy a truck with a hydraulic clutch, this one came with it and has given me fits over the years. Other than that it has been almost indespensible. It is nice to lock the boxes and keep things out of the weather. I don't think I will ever go back to a conventional p/up.

Here's my ride..1986 ex British Army Landrover 110. With the 2.5 l naturally aspirated diesel delivering 65 bhp, with 115 lbft at 1800 rpm, it's a good job I'm never in a hurry. 0-60 mph..eventually, but only with the wind behind me. It's noisy, it's smelly, but it's a real slogger. It can carry up to 1 1/4 ton, and tow 3.5 tonnes (very slowly). What it does best is off road work. It's permanent 4x4, with a 5 speed box feeding a 2 speed transfer box with diff lock available in both ratios. Axle articulation is phenominal; you can lift one wheel around 20" or so before a second wheel leaves the ground. With the right tyres, it's great in the mud, and gets me to places I'd normally have to walk to. Here's a picture of a very similar vehicle.

All very cute vehicles, but if you wanna arrive in style and with
a memorable sound there really are few alternatives...

MB, sorry, no subs.
The sound was more in reference to the straight dual
exhaust pipes with a sad exuse for mufflers.
This is more of a restoration project, used once or twice at work
but mainly I drive a swedish volkswagen...the Volvo, I will post no
picture of that :)

I am a contract climber, so i need no real pratical value from a vehicle so i own a Audi S3 bright yellow with black wheels (be safe be seen) :) Also a Yamaha R1 for those dry sunny days

Originally posted by TimberMcPherson
...what would happen to the US if it started paying the same as everyone else for Gas...

For the most part, there would just be a lot of whining, and people would just spend the extra money. Our society is built on our reliance on cars. I hope the gov't does raise the price to the point where people will think twice about getting a gas guzzler. Right now it's just too darn easy. It doesn't bother me too much when someone has a big gas guzzler because they USE it (like they haul heavy equipment, etc), but mom and her one kid in the back...get a Camry!

love
nick

Yeah right, if Little Blue (my car) needed to be on the jobsite, I'd put planks up to the chip trunk and drive it right in! It's light weight!

And test-drives....come on up! I love my car and would love for others to buy one, too (I'm a tree hugger). I think if you need a car for the fam to use to get here and there, this is a big money saver.

love
nick

ps- it's a Civic and looks like a normal civic. But it's a hybrid, too!

I work out of a GMC Van. Custom interior. I enjoy throwing things in the back and not worring about them being 'exposed' when I park somewhere.

MB.... I use a plastic gas can that seals well. And the saws all have cases. Even the 066 has a custom duffel bag. I rarely get any fumes to speak of. End of the day, perhaps when I've thrown all this stuff back in. But heck, by that time I smell worse than the gas!

Last edited:
Back