What mix do you prefer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, now ya won't have to be stirrin' da mixture, Andy...

thanks to da flamin' crazyman...

Chapple flummoxed the starter on that old 2100, ....he'll be passing your way doing that Echo Lake tree for me tomorry....I'm gonna sell him that 044, and maybe the 2100....he's saws are sorrier than ever, he says...

Get rid of the 2100, 2101, 480 and all your old stuff!.. Just because you've been in the business 32 years doesn't mean your saws have to be that old ;) and not Chappel - he'll just bring them back to me! Museum.. not work saws...

Didn't return you calls - I drove 300 miles today picking up cast iton.. for my mill. Need to do some of the same tomorrow, so have Chappel call..

Get rid of the 2100, 2101, 480 and all your old stuff!.. Just because you've been in the business 32 years doesn't mean your saws have to be that old ;) and not Chappel - he'll just bring them back to me! Museum.. not work saws...

Didn't return you calls - I drove 300 miles today picking up cast iton.. for my mill. Need to do some of the same tomorrow, so have Chappel call..

Man on a Mission!!!!!!!!! how long were you guys out of power??????

BTW whats cast Iton?????? :hmm3grin2orange: :cheers:

what mix do you prefer

40:1 or 50:1 gas-oil for the saws

about 20:1 whiskey-vermouth for me:cheers:

unlike the saws, I run fine on straight whiskey

Last edited:
I find I run a little better with a splash of water.. in single malt. Hey... that's 50:1... no more...

Before this site, I was terrible. I drank "see throughs". That a gin martini with no vermouth to cloud the issue. I've learned; straight is bad for the internals. 'Course, just look at my 59 year old body and that's plain to see.

Cheers,

Joat

I find I run a little better with a splash of water.. in single malt. Hey... that's 50:1... no more...

Splash of water is good too-JUST A SPLASH.

The few times a year I go out for a steak I like to have a mixed drink-manhattan, whiskey/water, or martini-all good.

Try to get a good one in Wisconsin! Of course I live in the old fashioned state, cheap brandy and sweet soda. Order something else and they want to put 7 UP in it or mix it 50/50 booze:vermouth or booze:water-yuck!:cry:

(What was this thread about? Sorry, the subject of p..s poor bartenders gets me going.)

23 hours... No big deal for us.

.. just add a lot of $$$ to Fe and you get Iton.. A sort cut is to drink while you type ;)

I just got a new generator to be more prepared next time I lose power (5 freezers).

Yamaha EF3000iSEB. Make me think of a motorcyle without the wheels. Just the gas tank, I guess. It's pretty darn cute. Think I'll fire it up and play with it.

Of course now it'll be forever before the power goes out again, but whatever it takes.

Before this site, I was terrible. I drank "see throughs". That a gin martini with no vermouth to cloud the issue. I've learned; straight is bad for the internals. 'Course, just look at my 59 year old body and that's plain to see.

That's like my brother..."Just picture a bottle of vermouth in your head while you pour the Beefeaters..."

Of course, he also likes his steaks "stunned." "Just drag it through a warm kitchen..."

Then there was my old boss, "What'dya mean, 'How do I want it cooked?' Just knock it on the head, wipe its a$$, and bring it out!"

50 to 1 husky oil for everthing. looking for a differnt oil.cost cutting. I don.t like giving over 4 dollars a gallon for fuel with oil included .going to switch. got any deals? like sticking to the man at every oppertunity .

I personaly think that cost cutting on your saw mix is a huge mistake. seems like you would be stepping over hundred dollar bills to pick up a dime.

CMM

A gallon at a time. Currently Husky XP, (measured from a 2.5gal to my old recycled one gal dino mix bottles"Champion", ever heard of it?, my shop swore by it). 49:1 shell V power 91 that is sure to be 10% ethanol. My shop is so fanatical about fresh gas it is 30 days max, they sold my dad a blower and he's making mix in a 16oz water bottle. They still have no Ultra, which I will buy next. I'm always letting stuff idle dry, scared of the consequences.

Any Suzuki dealer carries CCI.
Remember the Controlled Crankcase Injected, air cooled, high compression, high rpm, 2 stroke motorcycles of the sixties? :monkey: This stuff worked then and it works now :cheers: Mix it with 90 plus octane gas and a 32:1 ratio.
CCI_price.jpg

Last edited:
Back