What model mcculloch??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the looks of the air fliter, I would say it's not the right one for the saw. Look at the gap between the cover the base of the saw. It doesn't line up.

the air filter cover is making think its maybe a 10-10 automatic, but those seemed to have a left hand starter.
the filter does seem to get pinched by the cover on the sides, is that not how it should be?...

Last edited:
It has been a busy morning.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Hey Mark, a little off topic but...
I just got myself a 1-50 and have a couple questions.
My first is, which mufflers will fit my saw? I only have the half of the can that bolts to the jug.
The other is, which heads will fit on the saw? I'm missing a couple of fins and would like to eventually change it out for a better condition one... other than that the saw runs incredible, just needs to be cleaned up. Still contemplating painting/full restoration though.
Thanks -Jon

and the verdict isss...

Well, i've decided it's a 10-10e, it looks to have the electric start behind the flywheel, and the bore is around 1.75" which translates to a 54cc motor...
anyways, I went through the saw and it runs great now, you can see near the coil where a wire was cut at one point, which leads straight into the starter housing.

I would like to get this saw to be electric start again, but cannot for the life of me find a battery box for it.
Does anyone have one lying around that they would like to get rid of?

Here are the pics...
DSC01828.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

DSC01833.jpg

and some proof of a running saw... all 4 gaskets between the carb and the block needed to be replaced... one was half gone, no wonder why it wouldn't run...
anyways, "mcculloch's are throw away saws"

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid68.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi37%2Ftigerrider11%2FM4H01843.mp4">

and some proof of a running saw... all 4 gaskets between the carb and the block needed to be replaced... one was half gone, no wonder why it wouldn't run...
anyways, "mcculloch's are throw away saws"

This is might be the cause of the red.

Doing good, saw the parents over the 4th, some things never change.

I did find what you were asking for, is it too much to ask why?

Now I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time......won't be the last), but I don't think he meant that he actually believed they were throw away saws. He put it up in quotes (" ") after putting a lot of effort into tearing down the saw, getting it back up and running, and shooting several pics plus a vid of it running. Also expressed an interest in getting abatt box for it to restore the E function. My understanding of his statement was more like "McCullochs are throwaway saws.......yeah right" (like he was addressing people who DO think/state that they're throwaways. I could be wrong however...

I was afraid you would say that, I did give it some thought and your reply gives me the answer.
As always you will do as you see fit, since there is nobody to tell you not to.

Now I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time......won't be the last), but I don't think he meant that he actually believed they were throw away saws. He put it up in quotes (" ") after putting a lot of effort into tearing down the saw, getting it back up and running, and shooting several pics plus a vid of it running. Also expressed an interest in getting abatt box for it to restore the E function. My understanding of his statement was more like "McCullochs are throwaway saws.......yeah right" (like he was addressing people who DO think/state that they're throwaways. I could be wrong however...

Maybe, maybe not, however you can remove all ambiguity with a :hmm3grin2orange:
Besides, I'm cranky.

Yeah I think that part of his post was poorly done in any case. We'll see what he sez later.

I hear you on the 'crankiness' thing too. Been a long damn week. Just got home from my fifth and final shift of the week. Bit of brown liquor before bed.

This is a switch for us...........don't think I've EVER been the one to be giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure it will pass, and I'll be back to my usual grumpy self. Haven't gone on a good rant in a week or so....at least on the board....I gave poor WingNut an earfull a couple mornings ago when I WAS damn cranky. Don't think he expected that when he called...

Back