what oil do you use in your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what 2 cylle oil do you use?

• huskqvarna

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • stihl

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • echo

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • amsoil

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • other

Votes: 41 31.8%

• Total voters

chevyforlife21

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
do you use echo,stihl,husky, amsoil or something else? do you run the same oil in every saw no matter the brand? (not trying to create a oil war thread here but just for fun)

Last edited:
Hope I don't get banned for this.....

I run Redline Race Synthetic, Klotz Super Techniplate, or Maxima Castor927 in all my 2-stroke engines (wackers thru dirt bikes) for simplicity, and because they have never let me down over many years of use, with many engines.

Now for a really informative answer, I suggest you PM Gasoline71 with your question. Gary will be more than happy to give you a courtious, in-depth answer to your question as he loves these "which oil?" discussions and never gets tired of them...:givebeer::cheers::givebeer:

Mostly, I use Stihl Ultra and some Husqvarna XP. I try to use full synthetic, but infrequently I'll use Stihl semi-synthetic or dino because I got it free from the dealer.

Stihl Ultra in the saws.

I have a weedeater blower that is about to get 3 leftover gallons of ethanol laden 87 octane and pennzoil tcw3 marine oil for leaf cleanup.

Funny this topic has popped up again. I ran Opti2 for years with perfect results but a couple of years ago the dealership moved and changed hands. They were no longer convenient for me so I switched to Stihl Ultra. Just last week I went back to the old dealer and bought a gallon of Opti2 for $60.00. Starting next week I will be back to Opti2 at 100:1.

On occasion I also run Blenzol castor at 50:1.

Also I should mention I sure was tempted to use Bailey's synthetic for the price of $90.00 for 5 gallons plus shipping and tax.

Last edited:
I use stihl orange bottle for now. I noticed a slight carbon buildup on my piston so I splashed approx. a half ounce of marvel mystery oil into my tank before I cut for about 20 minutes this morning. The saw ran great; haven't rechecked the carbon yet. MMO wouldn't hurt a saw in that small amount would it?

Royal Purple 2 Cycle @ 42:1 and whatever Higher octane, ethanol laced fuel my local Marathon Refinery is making that day...Bob

Amsoil

Amsoil but stronger than 100-1. I have long history with Amsoil, along with others with aircooled Porsche found Amsoil far best oil long ago. Easier on seals than Oil Company brands. Experienced huge thermal (temperature) dissipation advantage in the aircooled boxer engines. I have also witnessed temperature and oil analysis tests on new blueprinted engines on old british bikes (Norton Commando), where Amsoil outperformed every oil I ever heard of and some I had not by a huge margin. I have used AMSOIL 30 year. Commercial Account.

Last edited:
I use stihl orange bottle for now. I noticed a slight carbon buildup on my piston so I splashed approx. a half ounce of marvel mystery oil into my tank before I cut for about 20 minutes this morning. The saw ran great; haven't rechecked the carbon yet. MMO wouldn't hurt a saw in that small amount would it?

The MMO shouldn't hurt your saw at all in the percentage you're running.

Echo Powerblend with 93 octane.

I quit using the Echo Oil when i found out Hugo Chevez whats his face was making money off it...Bob
ECHO POWER BLEND® 2-Stroke Engine Oil is manufactured exclusively for ECHO, Inc. by Citgo Petroleum Company. Please Click Here for more information on ECHO POWER BLEND®

Latest posts

Back