What saws have you run today???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an 009 at a garage sale today and fixed my parent`s neighbors 090 for his mill, pretty much covered both ends of the spectrum :laugh:

Headed out in a few minutes to drop some trees. Im taking them all and will run them all.

Why.......... because I can :hmm3grin2orange:

groupsaws007_zpse5ad979d.jpg

What models are the Homelites?

I almost ran a saw today. Had the fuel cap off of it and before I located my can of mix gas I got distracted by another project. Found the saw with the cap off of it, put the cap on, put it under the bench. Sigh... Maybe tomorrow...

I cut a bunch of cookies with my ported 038 today. Does that count? Man that thing HATES wood!

Almost fired up my MS660 but I ran out of wood to make smaller with my 038. :rock:

I pretty much run saws every day, but today being sunday and kicking around the house there won't be much cutting needs. But I did bring in my 441 m-tronic from my truck last night and I lts starting to talk to me!! So maybe I'll go out and cut some cord wood. If any saw has ever grown on me its that one!!! I really love that saw, and the weird thing is, its still bone stock!!! Just not like me at all leaving a saw alone like that.

Twas a good firewood day today. Me and my neighbor started early today to clean his forest where very early snow took its toll this year. He has a small tractor and a winch, and we used the small 3m car trailer to haul wood. That's because the wood road is narrow steep and slippery, we had to winch the trailer out a few times to get to the main road.

We have a nice system where we just put 3 palletes with some side supporters on the trailers, load them up, haul them home, unload them with a forklift and just cut the whole thing from both ends 4 times to make 15" length wood. Forgot to take a pic. :)

We hauled home 3 full trailers and cut it up which is about 3 cords of firewood ready to be stacked for drying and then burned. Not much splitting needed because we mostly just took the tops and smaller trees today. + we winched out some bigger sticks that are going to be taken to the mill. Not bad for 2 people, our house could probably get by for a year with about 4 cords.

Ran the 046, 064 for cutting up the whole pallets, and 3 50cc-ers in the woods. My ported 026 runs circles around the stock 024 and oleomac 952. I ran the oleomac some and its OK if you don't push it, but i can lean on my 026 twice as hard before it stops. Maybe the oleo just needs a tune up. :) Also the gas trigger needs is to recessed. :)

You can see all 5 saws on the pics if you look real close. :D
View attachment 271790
View attachment 271791

You can see all 5 saws on the pics if you look real close. :D

Just finished a 026 this am and started it for the first time and it ran great :msp_wink:

Going to take it apart again and do a little more grinding on the ports :taped:

JMO

Ran my MS290 most of the day cutting alders on a friends property.
Finally got to cut some wood with my refurbished 076 Super too. First time in wood for this saw since I worked on it. Didn't hardly work in a 20" alder, but hey, got to start somewhere and have fun cutting. Sounds great as it should.

Grabbed my Jred 2240, gassed and oiled it up, and on the third pull to start it, I ripped the cord right out of it. Fortunately, based upon past experience, I like to have one more saw than we have guys running them. There were 2 of us and we had 3 saws along for the ride. So I reached for what I call the "Big Medicine", the Husky 460 rancher. I know a lot of you run saws larger than that, but for our purposes, it's our big saw. More saw than I needed today for all but a couple trees we cut, but it ran .

My coworker broke in a brand new Jred CS2153 today.

Cutting trees along the edge of cropfield that were leaning over the field too much. My Jred 2240 was up and running again. Also ran a couple tanks of fuel through the new Jred 2153. I like that saw! Left the big medicine at the shop today.

Ran a Poulan 4200 that I scraped together for a guy that had all his saws stole. He is used to running a MS440 and an old 038 standard so this will be a new experience for him. The old Poulan turned out great and seems to run well and I'm thinking it will run pretty close to the 440, not as fast but will pull a 24" without a problem.

I would like to thank the guy that sent me some parts to finish this build, you know who you are...

Latest posts

Back