What small saw to recommend to a newb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, one of our own here has a serious saw, professionally tuned and modded, for only fifty more bucks, shipped to his door. At 60ccs-good size for the intended purpose- and going on just the third tank, it's just now getting to be a great saw and is as close as you can get to "new".

http://www.arboristsite.com/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=5

Scott is a great guy, buy this saw!! It'll solve two problems with one transaction!!

I agree! That saw is barely ran. Would be a great buy at that price. 60cc firewood machine. He would not regret that choice. 40cc don't cut it in the wood business IMO.

That 600 is a great deal.

Some of us at the firehouse have had him with us cutting wood for the station. We all run 60cc and up for the most part when we're knocking pole wood apart, and beat him with as much safety as we can. He's still young and hyper, though, so I can't say I beleive he should be running as much saw as we do.

The Dolmars have really piqued my interest, but there are no dealers here. After comparing paper numbers, I did tell him he can get the most saw for his money locally with the Echos.

I really am trying to help him, but he does concern me with his very brief decision making process (read: dangerously careless).

Thanks for the input guys!

I think I found the saw to recommend to my newb.

One of the associate members of our house brought in a pretty decent Husky 257 that he's unloading. They guy's reputable and the saw runs well. He's asking 265 for it, but I do believe it could be had for a song over 200.

30 years ago I started with a 028 Stihl and have cut a load of wood with that little saw.
Instead of a 250 I'd held him find a good 028 or 028 super as there are thousands of them out there, parts are readily available. He can pick a good one up for a 150.00 that with proper care will last a long time. He can take the other 150 and buy himself a set of chaps, safety glasses a good splitting maul and wedge and be completely ready to start cutting for 300 clams. You can mentor him on safety, sharpening,etc.

Back