What the hell happened?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are working on making the necessary changes to ensure that the experience at ArboristSite.com is still a great one. We are sifting through all of the posts regarding the new version of vBulletin and planning changes accordingly.

This new version is more secure, faster, and has loads more potential for features. Trust us, it will be a better experience once we get the bugs ironed out.

Thanks for your patience!

Please make this an announcement at the top of the page. A lot of people care about this, and many will never see this post buried in a thread. IMHO, this needs to be made a standard procedure, even a common courtesy thing.

Please make this an announcement at the top of the page. A lot of people care about this, and many will never see this post buried in a thread. IMHO, this needs to be made a standard procedure, even a common courtesy thing.

I guess I can agree with Brad as long as it cuts down on all the pi$$ing and moaning....

I don't so much mind the format but the color and brightness and the gray bars on the edges is a little annoying.

I agree. It seems to work faster for me. Just take some getting used to cause all the stuff in in a different spot. It really did need to be secured a little. Ive seen more spam in the last month than Ive seen the whole time ive been a member here.

The biggest complaint Ive got is all the white, and the text could be one size larger. JMO. And the black strips on the edges of the screen. CTRL+ one time made mine a little better, if you dont like it do CTRL 0.

Im sure theyll get in ironed out with a little time.

It loads much faster for me..
Steve NW WI had a good tip (don't know if it's been said already) but hold down control and press + to enlarge the page and - to zoom out. Made a world of difference for me.
:rock:

This is the new VB format, I hate it, but it it is what it is and you do get used to it after a while.
BUT, could we PLEASE do something with the colors? Go from an 11 down to a 6 or so on the brightness? It really does hurt my eyes and gives me a headache if I read for more than five min at a time! Maybe give us a choice of skins or themes to choose from ourselves? Sorry, but this color scheme is just painful for me!

Good to hear they are working on the issues.

May I suggest.

1. The colors in the forum itself need to be more defined or changed all together.
2. Sorry but to me there is too much clutter at the top and bottom.
3. The green text blends in and it is hard to read, and hurts my eyes.
4. The user controls need to be where they were and not at the very top.

Thanks Andre.

Last edited:
What is really pissing me off is the page is wider now. It used to fit my screen exactly but now I have to scroll sideways to read every post.

What a pain in the arse.:(

What is really pissing me off is the page is wider now. It used to fit my screen exactly but now I have to scroll sideways to read every post.

What a pain in the arse.:(

Hold down control and hit -. unless your on a mac then idunno

BTW, I have decided I like the new format. You can jump from forum to forum without having to go to the main page.
The "Quick Navigation" tab just under the page #'s

agree with Daddy66

I am using a 17" monitor, got it to display full screen width without use of horizontal scroll bar by changing resolution in Windows Control Panel, but print is too small now, seen
others having problems with blank borders, that might could be adjusted as others have
suggested by using zoom in or out on web browser view tool bar menu.

Latest posts

Back