What the hell happened?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is really pissing me off is the page is wider now. It used to fit my screen exactly but now I have to scroll sideways to read every post.

What a pain in the arse.:(

ya what size of monitor and screen resolution are you running? I have an old 19" CRT running 1360 X 1024 and the actual page is only 3/4 the width of my monitor, I have big gray bars down both sides!

As for the changes...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eoPiJOubR-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eoPiJOubR-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

A good hammer might do the trick here too... LOL

ya what size of monitor and screen resolution are you running? I have an old 19" CRT running 1360 X 1024 and the actual page is only 3/4 the width of my monitor, I have big gray bars down both sides!

As for the changes...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eoPiJOubR-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eoPiJOubR-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

A good hammer might do the trick here too... LOL

It's a 17'' flat panel but I have no clue about the resolution.

10-4 on the hammer....

I am using a 17" monitor, got it to display full screen width without use of horizontal scroll bar by changing resolution in Windows Control Panel, but print is too small now, seen
others having problems with blank borders, that might could be adjusted as others have
suggested by using zoom in or out on web browser view tool bar menu.

You guys sound like my dad. Might be time to get the glasses out eh? LOL.

It's a 17'' flat panel but I have no clue about the resolution.

10-4 on the hammer....

A 17" flatpanel should be running at least 1280 X 1024; anything less and it'll look ugly. LCDs aren't like the old CRT monitors; they have one resolution they're designed to work best at because there is a set amount of physical pixels on the screen, which can't be changed like the CRTs could. Anything else and the monitor has to try to compensate on its own because the input signal doesn't match the output hardware. :)

PS - anyone else look around for like half an hour trying to find the User CP link? IMO, "Settings" is a crappy description for the User CP. I'd have never thought of it, just started clicking on anything I could and eventually found it.

Last edited:
A 17" flatpanel should be running at least 1280 X 1024; anything less and it'll look ugly. LCDs aren't like the old CRT monitors; they have one resolution they're designed to work best at because there is a set amount of physical pixels on the screen, which can't be changed like the CRTs could. Anything else and the monitor has to try to compensate on its own because the input signal doesn't match the output hardware. :)

PS - anyone else look around for like half an hour trying to find the User CP link? IMO, "Settings" is a crappy description for the User CP. I'd have never thought of it, just started clicking on anything I could and eventually found it.

I don't know what you just said Brad, but i agree.;)

Resolution

I can adjust resolution in Windows control panel/display/settings, but it would be a
PITA to do that every time you logged to AS. I am using a 17" too, this new software does
not seem to agree with smaller monitors.

I agree with others, the sick pea green title print needs to be scrapped & black/white
contrast is a little harsh for good viewing

Pioneerguy 600

WTH? ..I havn`t used my password in 5 years to log into this site, you expect me to remember that? Well I needed a reason/excuse to get away from here, see ya all....LOL
Pioneerguy600

Jerry you and a couple others were a big influence for me way back when I first found this site so don't go running off without telling me where your going.that goes for all the fellas I like here! I'm feeling real insecure right now!
Lawrence

Brad Morgan

Yep what Brad said, LOL!. I don't have a bloody clue what your talking about.Us old guys that didn't grow up with computers have a real tough time with all this stuff.We got a new TV and DVD player for the bedroom and I looked at the instruction manual the first day and bloody well almost chucked it.
Lawrence

I don't know if my reply made it but here goes
Lawrence

Buncha miserable old men justa pi$$in' anda moanin'. :rolleyes: Bunch of whiny little girls. Get the sand out would ya! Good grief!!

This site was overdue for a major update long before I registered here. I was excited as hell to see the update message when I tried to sign on lastnight at 1:00am. It's about time I say! I think it kicks ass!

:cheers:

Holy ****, thank you!!

I'm glad they're trying, this place could use a face lift. You'd think they stuck a pickle up our butts with all the complaining that's going on. It'll be fine, just let 'em work it out. Hell, I was cheesed off at the old software because of the search function issue. Now THAT actually matters.

Hate the colors? Are you serious? If you're also wearing dirty bunny slippers you might just be my wife.

may be best for larger monitors

I switched to another computer with a 19" CRT, I can now see full screen & read print too.
Someone using a small monitor or hand held device may be SOL or have to utilize
horizontal scroll bar a lot.

I use Firefox, adjusted borders with view/zoom on drop down Firefox menu

Last edited:
Might have already been posted if so sorry, they have a poll to vote in over on the firewood forum and it's overwhelming....... THIS SUX!!!!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange: Go vote.

We are working on making the necessary changes to ensure that the experience at ArboristSite.com is still a great one. We are sifting through all of the posts regarding the new version of vBulletin and planning changes accordingly.

This new version is more secure, faster, and has loads more potential for features. Trust us, it will be a better experience once we get the bugs ironed out.

Thanks for your patience!

Please the search needs to work using 3 digits.
Most all saws model numbers use only 3 digits.....am begging you :)

Also Spell Check!!!!

Test Pic.......took me a bit to get it to work

attachment.php

The squeaky wheel gets the grease

The web site guy posted they were monitoring comments. I can already see changes.
Contrast doesn't seem as harsh as earlier & page selection came back on home page. They will probably get it debugged soon.

The site is full screen on my droid. I view about 50% of the time on it.

Back