What was the first chainsaw you ran?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first saw was a hand-me-down Homelite of some sort. It' wouldn't run for long so you'd cut, then drag while it cooled off. My favorite is the 385XP I sold but I'm starting to like my 372 just about as much since I drilled the muffler out some.

Like said, yellow boat anchor, just glad if it fire. First saw I bought was a echo, so you can tell I'm no pro. Now a stihl 036 pro, couldn't get a better saw for what I do.

Hey Gologit,
I got a one man saw like that; use it to buck my firewood for cooking maple syrup. As long as they're nicely sharpened and set they are fun to play with.

First that i cut with was Dads homelite super 2 . First saw i ever owned was a homelite 360 professional. Loved that saw, should have kept it. 20/20 hind sight.

First saw I ever ran (and later bought) was a 520 Homelite that belonged to our neighbor a professional sawyer. It was his backup saw and when he bought a new primary saw he sold me his 520, still have it to this day. Don't know if it still runs but will keep it forever. "Gear drives live"

the first one i ever ran was a 038 mag. I was 14 years old and we were cutting in a new fence for a cow pasture! I weighed about 90 pounds and i rember going to bed that night with my arms killing me! Then the next day my Grandpa handed me the saw again....... And thats what started it! Now my favorite would be a Dolmar 7900 even though i don't own one? But i have spent time running one.

044 my step dad ran over with his skidder was my first hand me down saw ,it sat on the shelf till a few years ago ,first saw put lot of hours on was an 024 then a 034 the 10mm 044 cylinder and crank are in an ms440 chassis now still have it

Back