What was the first saw you ever used?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poulan 4200 w/bow blade. Bought it new in 1978. Still have it. No more than 10 hrs on it. Pretty much a "Shelf Queen" now.
Shep

It was a 59 Homelite 7-19 C in 1978, I was 19. It was the 1st in my collection and I still run it 4/5 times a year. it sits proudly with 157 other saws that have come to stay awhile.

Don

An old homelite, I dont remember what model though. I was 13 or 14 and it was probably 30 at the time

Mine was an old homelite as well. I was in grand rapids for a bowling tournament, in it would have been my stepdads brother in law that gave it to me. He couldnt get it to run. I replaced the spark plug, and she fired right up. Think it was an early 70s model, tophandel about 7lbs and 22cc with an 8in bar lol

Edit: I was 13

Craftsman/Roper 3.7 that was new in 1980 was my first. Used it some last yr.

I've got newer faster saws but still enjoy hearing that one run.

That would have been back in the mid-60's

It was a Naybor's saw - at least that's what my Dad called it, IIRC

honestly don't remember - damned 60's

luck,greg

Homelite Super EZ Auto. Great little saw with a ton of power for it's size. No wait...maybe it was my Olympyc 254...One of the two.

Last edited:
Shindaiwa, I don't know the model but it was around a 50cc and was built in the 90's. I remember burying the bar tip in dirt while bucking, I quickly learned not to. First one I repaired was a Husky.

It was a 59 Homelite 7-19 C in 1978, I was 19. It was the 1st in my collection and I still run it 4/5 times a year. it sits proudly with 157 other saws that have come to stay awhile.

Don

Me too. Bought it from a logger pretty well worn and I eventually finished it off. I trashed it long before forums not knowing that parts could be gathered up to keep it going.

I was 20 in 2002 and it was a brand spanking new stihl a big concrete saw. It didn't matter how hard you pushed that thing, it would eat!! This one counts you said saw. :)

I was probably 17-18yrs old and selling firewood out of pick up bed. My first saw was a Mcculoch 610? , it was the real square looking plastic handle model. My father would sharpen it for me at night and tell me to touch it up during the day. My family was/is in the logging business and at the time they were running Jonsered 70E's. That was about 27 years ago.

Back