What was your lastest Goof Up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh1984

Hard worker
Reaction score
well i'll tell you what mine was. I know you all going to laugh like crazy But the 041 farmboss i been working on and couldn't get running.

Well i found out what was wrong with it today when i got new bearings and seals in.

Right after i got it torn down and was going to repalce the bearing and seal in the fly wheel side.

As i said in the swap meet thread i am no saw macanic at all i just took up this to past some time and to give me something to do.

I found this so i will amitt I Goofed up big time on this saw. But atleast i put the seal in it though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

My latest Goof Up

I called my dealer to price out some completely unnecessary, but TOTALLY wanted upgrade parts. He was busy and needed to call me back, well he didn't call back until I was home from work, and "the warden" heard me giving the ol' credit card # over the phone... I convinced her that they were necessary for "continued SAFE operation" and she bought it... WHEW that was a close one!!

BTW, the parts should be in tomorrow!!

"the warden" heard me giving the ol' credit card # over the phone... I convinced her that they were necessary for "continued SAFE operation" and she bought it... WHEW that was a close one!!

BTW, the parts should be in tomorrow!!

What a rookie! After a few decades you learn how things work "in the joint". Rule #1 - never, and I mean NEVER put yourself in a position that requires a verbal defense - you will loose, it is only a matter of time.

Silly boy.

yeah adam She would have skinned you alive if she didn't belieave you LOL.

My "lastest" goofup?

Pretty sure I was 4 then. Filled the lawn mower with water.

Been perfect ever since.

Sorry guys... I'm still learnin' and I aint even married!!

I won't let you down again, promise!

Sorry guys... I'm still learnin' and I aint even married!!

I won't let you down again, promise!

LOL every one Is not perfect and if someone says they are i say Bull crap because everyone make mistakesks no matter how good you think you are.

Thanks for the encouragment! I'll try not to let down the gender again! LOL

smashed my thumb with a three pound sledge last Saturday trying to get the front universal joint out of the 3500 Dodge. My thumb is twice its normal size and the black and blue is just dissipating, most likely will lose the nail ... I bought a Tiger tool 10105 ujoint removal tool 178$ to do the other side this weekend

Last edited:
was working on the saw and had to remove the clutch. was tooo lazy to go get the proper tool from basement and thought i could loosen in with a punch and hammer. i cracked the clutch and now looking for a new one. any one know where i can get a clutch for a pl4 remington?

DH, sorry, but you need to 'splain to the problem to me.

well when i chanaged the fly wheel side of the crank case out when i found it had a hole in it. I got one from Old man stihl (aka zane) and i put it back togeater with out the crank bearings But i put a seal in it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back