What was your lastest Goof Up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You shouldn't be allowed near machinery.

LOL i told everyone onced before that i'm just learning on these chainsaws but that how you learn is to make mistakes and then learn from them.

I just assumed you knew the bearing wasn't in. I bet that crank just slid right into place. That beats the heck out of heating and freezing to get it to seat.:msp_w00t:

LOL yeah it did so i got to thinking today that something wasn't right so i started taring it down and then i found the missing bearing.

So i went ahead and put new 2 bearings and seals in it.

one in each side and put the case back together with new gaskets and now i have to go pick up a new fly wheel key and it should be ready to run again.

Or sharp objects...or weapons...or stairs...

DH, gotta give it to you, this takes the cake. I thought it was bad when I left the rim off of a 288 an wondered why it wouldn't pull when it hit the wood.

LOL well atleast i found the problem before i Junk this poor ol saw. But now it might have a fighting chance to run when get a other fly wheel key.

well i got it all back together exsept for a flywheel key i'll go pick 3 up just in case tomorrow and then see what she's got. maybe she will fire right off.

well when i chanaged the fly wheel side of the crank case out when i found it had a hole in it. I got one from Old man stihl (aka zane) and i put it back togeater with out the crank bearings But i put a seal in it.

That'll do it everytime!! ~Zane

A couple of months ago I rebuilt a ms360. New bearings, seals, piston and rings. Went to put the plastics on and found the crank case gasket laying in the bottom of the box. Its still laying in the box along with the saw. I haven't felt like doing it all again yet.

My latest screw up was yesterday. Cutting some trees down for my in-laws. Had a five foot space to drop a tree, house on one side, brush pile that would have rolled the tree into the house on the other side. Didn't get the wedge cut perfect. Tree didn't hit the house though! :D

Today I couldn't figure out why primer bulb screws on my FS80 wouldn't seat all the way. Helps when all the pieces are there to take up the extra space.

Today I couldn't figure out why primer bulb screws on my FS80 wouldn't seat all the way. Helps when all the pieces are there to take up the extra space.

I tell ya what sucks, when you put back together an atv trans case And then you realize when your cleaning up that you left the two dowel pins out that align the cases :(

I put the primer bulb in backwords and it took me forever to figure out why i wasnt getting primer fuel and then i striped one of the intake bolts so now im trying to figure out how to fix the striped hole

That'll do it everytime!! ~Zane

yeah now i know to check everything twice before i put it back together LOL. Now it's got new bearings and seals in it and i'm waiting on dad to get back with the fly wheel key so i can get it started and running.

My latest screw up was yesterday. Cutting some trees down for my in-laws. Had a five foot space to drop a tree, house on one side, brush pile that would have rolled the tree into the house on the other side. Didn't get the wedge cut perfect. Tree didn't hit the house though! :D

well thats a good thing that you didn't hit the house.

Latest posts

Back